The NEW Interference.com: WHAT DO YOU WANT?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As someone mentioned before, info on EVERY song they have done, with quotes from the band on them,like they had for the now defunct stingchronicity.co.uk site for Sting. The thing I am most interested in is what U2 thinks about U2's music, and I dont get to see a lot of that,especially pre AB.

Also tabs and realaudio of interviews(old and new), because there are already enough MP3 sites out there, sound quality for interviews ia not a big deal , and it doesnt take much space to have realaudio.It would be great to hear all the old Dave Fanning interviews.

Mr Mac,

hwo about a better section for musicians...by that I mean more than a forum..like a reference with tabs, delay settings....maybe you could swing a deal with the www.u2sound.de guy

I like wireman's suggestion up there.
smile.gif
It's hard to find good sheet music for U2.

Put a feed to u2news.com on the front page so it is always fresh with news when you come in the page. (I mean, that wouldn't take much... I have it on my page and if I can do it anyone can.
wink.gif
) BTW where's my affiliate link?
wink.gif

Change the forum so that you can choose the order to be last post first, instead of the other way 'round.

Keep the front page more current - if people come here much but aren't interested in the forum, they won't come back many times.

An image gallery for fans to send in their pics of the band.

I think a link to NicaMom's page would be great, but geocities would probably have a cow.
wink.gif

A rumors section? Since you seem to really have your ear to the ground.

I also like the idea for including instant messenger info in the poster profiles.

**crzy is looking forward to the next counter at the top of the page --- XX days until new album**
biggrin.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:
An image gallery for fans to send in their pics of the band.

This is a great idea. I've been wanting to suggest this idea to my radio station for their website actually! If you listen to the station you are supposingly a "citizen of planet radio" so they could title the section "Citizen Meets Star" or something.

Perhaps you could title the section... ummmmm... "U2 & You"... or is that too corny?
biggrin.gif
(I usually am, and feel no shame) Well it's a working title.

------------------
I put the fun in dysfunctional.

MEET THE FORUM

Yes folks, it's YOUR chance to meet the real people behind the silly monickers on here.

LAUGH at their photos!

GIGGLE at their real names!

FROWN at their ages!

SYMPATHISE with where they are from!

ARGUE with their fave U2ey choices!

and LAUGH at their photo once more!

I think that would be a good idea as pic/age/fave threads keep getting lost.

Originally posted by Hawk269:
Spice up the interface! I am talking Macromedia Flash and all that cool sh*t!
I would like to see a futuristic look...U2 has always been cutting edge, so a site devoted to them should be in the same vein.

God no! Simplicity is a great asset of this site. Sites with Flash are generally pretentious, have a lack of actual content, are difficult to navigate and frankly, they suck. Don't add a "futuristic" interface just because you can; keep it simple.

Also, I like the blue background. It's much more cheerful than a dreary black or red background.

Originally posted by mug222:

God no! Simplicity is a great asset of this site. Sites with Flash are generally pretentious, have a lack of actual content, are difficult to navigate and frankly, they suck. Don't add a "futuristic" interface just because you can; keep it simple.

Also, I like the blue background. It's much more cheerful than a dreary black or red background.

I agree! But I think it's time for the whole 'Popmart' theme to step aside, and take it's place in history, so I think a new background is definitely in order...

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

[This message has been edited by pvanort (edited 11-23-2001).]

[This message has been edited by pvanort (edited 11-23-2001).]

The blue background is cheerful...but it also is a quicker giveaway to my boss that I'm not working. lmao.
biggrin.gif

Other than that, PLEASE keep it simple because not all of us have speed-of-light cable connections and DSL. Believe it or not, 56K modems are not that unusual.
tongue.gif

I like the idea of a member database of some sort. That would cut down on the ASL threads.

Might also be nice to update the main page every once in a while.
wink.gif

-sula

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:

I like the idea of a member database of some sort. That would cut down on the ASL threads.

I agree...that would be cool.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I for one wouls really love to see private messages sent. It would be a great addition to the site.

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Originally posted by Salome:
- a direct link to Nicamom's site

- more shaking

Totally!!

------------------
I know someday you'll have a beautiful life.
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky
but why, why, why can't it be, oh, can't it be mine?

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Maybe make someones handle a direct link to their picture on NicaMoms site. IM would be nice as well because I can never get the chat to work. Please not too much flash etc because not every computer is that fast and everybody always presses 'skip intro' anyway and this would make DrTeeth a sad panda.

Ah, and maybe you could make it possible to edit subject-titles?

[This message has been edited by DrTeeth (edited 11-25-2001).]

make an animated movie of bono playing "Find the Sausage" with Larry.

~rougerum

[This message has been edited by rougerum (edited 11-25-2001).]

I would like the following:
  1. I agree with others - the blue background is fun, but is an instant giveaway for those of us who might peruse this site at work. Keep the colors a bit more conservative.
  2. However, do NOT decrease the smilies!
    biggrin.gif
    The increased smilies as message icons are great - now please make them easy to add to actual posts.
  3. I've noticed the moderators have nice taglines under their names. I think many of us would like to alter our taglines - perhaps even providing links in them. This would be a nice option.
  4. I've noticed the moderators have nice smilies under their names. I also think some of us would like to add a smiley to our name - or, better yet, a small picture (perhaps a thumbnail of one of our pics on NicaMom's site). Those who want to use a pic can, those who find a representative smiley can use that, and those who want neither can leave that space blank.
  5. I would like to reiterate the suggestions for a link to NicaMom's site, a forum for "older" U2 fans and "younger" U2 fans (perhaps an age limit can be set for both) and a forum or site that discusses, rates, reviews every item U2 released. This way fans know all of the items U2 or U2 members ever worked on in their 20 year span.
  6. A nice forum or site that discusses ONLY sales and chart news (of course I would suggest this). Given how many people appreciate sales/charts, I think this would be a nice site.
    [/list=a]

That's it. Oh yes - not all of these suggestions for additional "sites" or "forums" have to be in the actual forum room. Perhaps they can be on the main page. For example, there's already a place for chart news (even though it's horribly outdated). We could expand that area.

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 11-25-2001).]

A meanings archive

(wait, I already said this...but I REALLY want it!)

--A way to edit message subjects
--A way to edit my name but keep the same no. of posts
--Member archive (awesome idea)
--Last message posted first
--A place to download songs. This IS a U2 site...why not have something like U2station where you can download rarities and live stuff. I'm not suggesting putting up ALBUMS (no no no), but posting great live shows, etc would be awesome for all us technically inclined
--Maybe a place where we could rate shows?
--Piano stuff! (ahem!)
--Links to more sites (ie u2bloodresky.com)

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 11-25-2001).]

In addition to the number of Replies a Post has, I've seen some boards that should the number of Views as well.

That way, ya could tell if anybody was looking at your posts or not.

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:
There should be a filter system on this forum, so you can choose to filter topics/responses depending on who did them.

So basically, I can set my preferences to ignore all Sicy apprecation threads!

Not that I'd want to do that, of course.
smile.gif

Which reminds me, where's U2girl got to?

I'm here. For details where i've been se my latest thread.

Make me your god.

Seriously:

- New art and color scheme.
- Make Nicamom's site a part of Interference.
- Forget pop-up browser windows. I hate 'em.
- Find a way for me to get a VOX AC30 and a '76 Gibson Explorer for about $25, including shipping and handling.

biggrin.gif

------------------
k e r c

La aventura del comienzo
La intriga de lo incierto
No temas y busca lo nuevo
S?lo empieza desde cero

One thing I would not like to see-people 'hiding' behind 'false identities' on here specifically for the purpose of 'harassing' other people.

It's silly and immature-who needs that kind of stuff on here?'Real life' is tough enough.

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Back
Top Bottom