The New Creed Song: Not Joshua Tree Material!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
Their manager said Creed's new album would be the next Joshua Tree. Well, their new single definitely is not a good start.

Remember, U2's first single off of JT was With Or Without You, which went to #1 on the US charts.

Creed's new single will not come close to #1.

Looks like they should have let their actions do the talking.

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

What's it called? I have to hear it, just to have heard it, and to say to myself "my my, that is not at all joshua tree material"

Lets of course all keep in mind that this is creed and not something to get excited over. Although I do feel personally offended that someone would dare compare themselves to U2 so far as greatness goes, especially the likes of creed. Bah.

I heard their new song the other day and thought "wow... this sounds like all of their other stuff."

Creed does not belong in the same equation as Joshua Tree, indeed!

------------------
Quotation is a servicable substitute for wit.

(W. Somerset Maugham)

Even though I saw Creed in a small club in 1997 with Fuel...

Creed = suck

icon13.gif

Joshua Tree ? Huh ?

------------------
Some Days Are Slippy, Other Days Are Sloppy

Sicy's Website

The song is called "My Sacrifice". Typical Creed song title.

------------------

Originally posted by mikal:
The song is called "My Sacrifice". Typical Creed song title.

Yeah.. that is an incredibly typical title.

I heard it too! It sounds exactly like every other thing they have done! This band is no farther now than it was five years ago!

Their next single will be called "Promised Land". Other rumored songs from the album are "Your Crucifixion", "Parting Seas", and "Sermon On Your Mount".

------------------

What's even more annoying is that Scott Stapp has said publicly that Bono is his hero and that his favorite band is U2...

They're from my home town. When they come back, they always parade themselves downtown near FSU so all the groupie chicks can swoon. But yet they still won't play concerts in our town. Sad, because our local alternative station is what got them national attention. Blech.

Creed = Crud

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 10-22-2001).]

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
When they come back, they always parade themselves downtown near FSU so all the groupie chicks can swoon.

They seem to like to be on display. They were seen golfing in my neighborhood once while touring and supposingly they walzted into the pro shop, and when they were denied free merchandise, they stared blankly at the owner and said "do you know who we are?!"

bah on them for expecting free stuff just by showing up. And I'm sure they need the financial relief
tongue.gif

------------------
Quotation is a servicable substitute for wit.

(W. Somerset Maugham)

that song is absolutely atrocious-it's just like 17 other songs that are popular today.

from what i have seen of their commercial releases, this band demonstrates no unique ability.

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

They said it'd be their Joshua Tree, not the next Joshua Tree. Big difference there. They feel it will be the most important album in their career, not the most important album of all time.

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
What's even more annoying is that Scott Stapp has said publicly that Bono is his hero and that his favorite band is U2...

Yeah, seriously, I mean, people actually liking those U2 losers. What's the deal with that? Bunch of knobs they are. All of em deserve a beatdown for their music.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Change is the only constant

Creed def. tries to hard to be something good. If anything, Live would be more U2-ey than Creed. But then Live's V album....*vomit* well.....no one can be U2. Except for....U2. And me.

Plus Scott Stap's singing voice is like a gorilla and his speaking voice is that of a little girl's!!!!! Well, anyway...

Remy Zero's songs are U2-ey. The beginning of "perfect memory" sounds like "peace on earth"

------------------
~*Mona*~the Shamrock n rolla!
block champ at Nintendo
queen of innuendo

DREAM OUT LOUD

P.S. is there any difference bt

Blink 182
Sum 41
another one I can't remember...glory? something? eh.

Linkin Park
Staind
Limp Bizkit

I'm not seein it! Maybe Incubus is special.

------------------
~*Mona*~the Shamrock n rolla!
block champ at Nintendo
queen of innuendo

DREAM OUT LOUD

Originally posted by WildHonee:
P.S. is there any difference bt

Blink 182
Sum 41
another one I can't remember...glory? something? eh.

Linkin Park
Staind
Limp Bizkit

I'm not seein it! Maybe Incubus is special.

I think Linkin Park have a great album, and I think it's unfair that they get lumped with these shit bands like Bizkit and Blink. Lyrically, they're head and shoulders above any of the other rap-rock acts out there.

------------------
Change is the only constant

creed blows.
mad.gif

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She wore lemon, but never in the daylight...

Originally posted by Foxxern:
Yeah, seriously, I mean, people actually liking those U2 losers. What's the deal with that? Bunch of knobs they are. All of em deserve a beatdown for their music.
rolleyes.gif

The point being that Creed's manager has stated that Creed are aiming to make this their Joshua Tree album, and that if you notice - Scott Stapp tries to look like Bono circa JT/R&H, he makes grand gestures like Bono, and basically tries to be Bono. .. Creed have an identity problem - is what I was attempting to get at in my original post.

Because Creed come from my home town, I have spent many an evening in the same coffeehouse as them listening to Stapp drone on an on about wanting to be U2.

so....
rolleyes.gif

If I were to ever "bump" into Scott Stapp in public, I would kick him in the nuts, just for the sheer joy of it.

------------------
Lift My Days
Light Up My Nights

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
If I were to ever "bump" into Scott Stapp in public, I would kick him in the nuts, just for the sheer joy of it.

Amen! One of my good friends was in Creed in 1998 and left because Stapp was such an ego-maniac. When them come back to town here, girls either throw themselves at them, or throw beer cans at them.. it's really a sight to see.

Originally posted by Foxxern:
I think Linkin Park have a great album, and I think it's unfair that they get lumped with these shit bands like Bizkit and Blink. Lyrically, they're head and shoulders above any of the other rap-rock acts out there.

Agree 100%

------------------

Re: Linkin Park - while I don't necessarily enjoy or like their music, I appreciate the goth air they have taken up. Coming from the goth culture myself, I always enjoy when a popular band demonstrates goth tendencies in a non-trite and non-convoluted way.
(i.e. the 'Crawling' video)

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 10-22-2001).]

I like Creed...I think Linkin Park sucks.

------------------
I couldn't take it anymore so I went back to the sea...'cus that's where fishes go when fishes get the sense to flee...

Ours is a great band. A little dark, but good nonetheless.

------------------
k e r c

La aventura del comienzo
La intriga de lo incierto
No temas y busca lo nuevo
S?lo empieza desde cero

Originally posted by WildHonee:
Maybe Incubus is special.

I think so! Saw 'em live last Thursday and they rocked the venue. For the most part, they have an awesome fan base. Just bought "Morning View" this morning actually, so I'm really curious what the rest of the songs sound like. They have a knack to be placed with rap-rock/"hardcore" bands, but they are far from screaming undefineable lyrics. Pretty talented guitarist, too.

Back
Top Bottom