The "My God We Need a New Album Because We're All Going Insane" Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gman said:
Got me thinking this did........and here is my question. I could prob find this out myself if i could be assed, but, what is the longest barren u2 period? How long and what years? And I mean with no output at all? I rekon prob after Rattle and Hummmmmmmmmm but could be wrong.

Pop-ATYCLB and ATYCLB-Bomb.

That said, we got the Best ofs, and Boston, Slane DVDs in that period, 3 new songs and a re-made Sweetest thing.

If touring doesn't qualify and only musical output counts, I'd say UF-JT. (Zooropa - Pop had HMTMKMKM in 1995 and Passengers and RaH-AB break had Night and day in 1990).

Last edited:
phillyfan26 said:

Poster #3: It sounds like the other 2 albums! AHHH! :mad:
Poster #4: Those two albums didn't sound alike.
Poster #3: WHATTTT???

Good times, good times.

Poster #5: ATYCLB & HTDAAB = Muskial trio!

Poster #6: But that's only two...

Poster #5: Stop making since!!!!!! :mad:

:wink:

Looking back over my initial post on this thread, i now feel such a knob!
I think I prob suggested u2s most PROLIFIC time instead of most barren. I mean 87-91 = 5 years and we got 3 albums....so now my question is this, Was this the most prolific period from u2? I rekon AXVER will enlighten me!!

gman said:
Looking back over my initial post on this thread, i now feel such a knob!
I think I prob suggested u2s most PROLIFIC time instead of most barren. I mean 87-91 = 5 years and we got 3 albums....so now my question is this, Was this the most prolific period from u2? I rekon AXVER will enlighten me!!

Well, can you really beat 1980-1984 for prolific? Four albums in five years, plus a live album/video, plus a good number of b-sides, and constant touring.

kitkat234 said:

That sure would be nice, not having to wait 3-5 years till the next album...

In November it will already have been 2 years. Think you can wait one more? :wink:

If I have to wait ANOTHER WHOLE YEAR, I may just start losing interest. Somebody needs to whip those boys into shape. :lol:

oh you will lose interest

and then as soon as first rumours about the first single began you'll be in even more of a frenzy than you're now

that's how it works with U2 :D

Back
Top Bottom