the most rocking song U2's ever done?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

all_i_want

Refugee
what do you think? btw, rocking does not necessarily mean heavy guitars and stuff-not rock n roll by numbers to be exact. what i mean is a song that gives you an emotional high, a rush blood and so on. only studio records are eligible :wink: since WTSHNN would probably rock the pants off of anything else live.

OK. Mine is MOFO. i listened to it with headphones the other day, and i realized how rock n roll that song is! i know there is all the dance-club structure in it, but it just gives me such a rush!

i, therefore, declare MOFO the most rocking song U2 has ever done! :wink:

P.S my opinions are subject to change the next time i listen to achtung, JT or HTDAAB. but MOFO will still rock!

P.S2 POP is amazing to listen when youre walking down an empty street at midnight and it just happens to be snowing

God part II.

The drumming (Larry rules Rattle and Hum IMO), the guitar assault from Edge, the howls from Bono...it's just a wild song.

That's easy.
The ZooTV performances of Bullet the Blue Sky.

ABOY an LAPOE, Streets, NYD, SBS. I don't count MOFO because it may be a 'hard' sound but it doesn't 'rock', it doesn't sound like rock but something else.

agree with bullet from zootv

electric co and exit from r&h can be as well

and why not vertigo? wasn't it assumed to be the mother of all the rock tunes or whatsoever?

Elevation Tour - varied between Bullet/Fly/NY
PopMart - Last Night on Earth finale

I find for you where is Metfield. the google is good for this things and is sayign this:

Metfield is another lovely sleepy mid Suffolk village. During the Second World War a USAAF Airfield was built less than a mile away housing the 491st Bomb Group. Only a few weeks after commencing operations a massive explosion rocked the airfield and surrounding area when a bomb dump exploded killing five men and totally destroying five B-24 bombers.

How about "She's Gonna Blow Your House Down" from the Salome Outtakes? Yesterday I gave it a nickname "Black And Blue" cos' it sounds like someone is beating the heck out of a punching bag! And Spinning Head (extended version).

HMTMKMKM, Vertigo, The Fly, All Because Of You, Love And Peace, Bullet the Blue Sky. Discotheque, Desire, I Wll Follow, Out Of Control, New Years Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Pride.

thats a lot of songs.. i totally agree with BTBS (the performance on the boston DVD kicked ass) still, maybe cause of over-exposure lately vertigo doesnt give me the same feeling anymore :p i must have listened to it for a few gazillion times by now. still mofo... :drool:

U2Soar said:
How about "She's Gonna Blow Your House Down" from the Salome Outtakes? Yesterday I gave it a nickname "Black And Blue" cos' it sounds like someone is beating the heck out of a punching bag! And Spinning Head (extended version).

:up:

Back
Top Bottom