The most overrated U2 song is...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mercy- I've never really taken a liking to this song.

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For- It never really grew on me either. Actually, none of the Joshua Tree has.

How the hell can COBL be more overrated here than, let's say... One?

anyway, by general public... probably Vertigo, Elevation... maybe Still Haven't Found and Pride too

well sunday bloody sunday was basically my first knowledgeable U2 experience, and the first U2 song i bought off iTunes...but i dont listen to it alot now

most overrated: One (everyone over 18 seems to know that song)

I forgot about Bullet and IYWTVD

I don't know about you...but Bullet has never excited me...live or on the cd

And IYWTVD.....that noise in the background through the wholesong is so mind-numbing for me, I've never actually heard one word of that song, honest to God...I've listend to it multiple times...but I can enver finish.

Holy shit, where have I been??? I don't even know Mercy. :reject: Stone me now.

Most overrated for me is City of Blinding Lights.

Lemon seems to get alot of praise around here, but I think it's way too long. imo. So it's overrated to me! :D

sue4u2 said:
I can never quite participate in these discussions because at one time or another when I'm riding down the street and hear Pride on the radio, I think over-played - not "overrated" and wish it were Acrobat, etc..
Then suddenly I hear it in on the grocery store sound track and think it's the best song ever written..
I recently walked out to my car after getting off work and was singing WOWY for some reason. I put in the ear plugs and it was playing.
I turned it up loud captian :rockon: and It felt so good just to hear it at that moment. Plus to confirm that I have esp ..
When I heard Seconds on the way to work one morning I nearly pulled off the road. That was rare, for radio.
In conclusion, I'm no help in any determination of over/under rated songs.
Quit asking me..:madspit: :wink:

Ditto for me (well the first bit anyway).... some songs sound so great, depending on my mood and then sometimes, I think, "yea, what's so great about this song?" like I Still Haven't... sometimes even Where the streets or One...:reject: (I don't like the acronyms 'cos I often have to stare at the letters for ages before/if it comes to me!) But I will always love With or Without...:bow:

catlhere said:
Lemon seems to get alot of praise around here, but I think it's way too long. imo. So it's overrated to me! :D

That's ironic to me, everytime I see you're pic...I always start humming lemon :lol:

Back
Top Bottom