The Most Over-Played Song (Live and on Radio)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful Day and Stuck in a Moment. Don't get me wrong, they're both great songs, but you can't walk into a mall , grocery store, office building etc these days without hearing these 2 songs. Would be nice to see a radio dj with a little more originality in playing U2. It could be a good way of introducing songs to the more casual fan too- toss on something unexpected like Dirty Day or reach back a little and wake up the morning office crowd with Electric Co live.

With Or Without You is overplayed live, Beautiful Day is overplayed on radio.

one,with or without you, elevation and sunday bloody sunday

singles such as discotheque please wild horses lemon unfogetable fire gloria and a celebration should all be played more often on radio

i want to live where you people live - U2, overplayed? not by my house - and I even listen to the canadian stations. And I get really excited when I grocery shop and the band comes on - they bare definitely not HUGE around here. Thank god for CD players in the car!

Even better than the real thing

I still hear that one on the radio at least 4 times a year and since it shouldn't even have been a single that's way too often

Overplayed live is an easy one for me. Bullet the Blue Sky and/or Until The End Of The World. Good songs but they need to take a break.

I dont listen to the radio much as I dont care to hear the latest by Britney. But I would say the most overplayed is either With Or Without You or One. I'am not really sick of either though, maybe its because I dont listen to the radio very often.

For me personally it is Beautiful Day, because I was never that crazy about the song in the first place. I never seem to get sick of One, WOWY, Pride, Bad, Bullet, etc. - probably because I love them so much.

The local station I listen to even has a cool name 92 Zew, fortunately they love U2 so I get to hear something from Boy to ATYCLB. They play U2 at least every hour or 2. One of the dj's plays them more than other's since they stick to the usual, but she plays alot of earlier U2. POP AB UF & War Oct. . She recently had a showing of the Slane DVD at a favorite night club. And we're never subjected to Brittney or much top 40 at all. Yes, I know how lucky this is..

Last edited:
"Beautiful Day", "Pride", and "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" are the three most played songs on the stations I've listened to. Like TheGenericPoet said, I love those songs, but I do definitely wish there was more variety.

I rarely hear "With Or Without You", "Sunday Bloody Sunday", "One", or "Stuck" on a station in my area-and songs like "Bullet The Blue Sky" and "Even Better Than The Real Thing", I've never heard on a station I listen to, ever.

Angela

The radio stations around here had no idea U2 made other albums besides The Joshua Tree. all those songs are overplayed...if they're played at all. :mad:

Lemon is on the radio right now :up:

that song wouldn't be over-played if I heard it once every hour for the next 45 years

and I even kind of detest that single edit

I still haven't found what I'm looking for

And With or Without You is played at least once every night on a cheesy radio show with people dedicating songs to their loved ones.

Moonlit_Angel said:
"
I rarely hear "With Or Without You", "Sunday Bloody Sunday", "One", or "Stuck" on a station in my area-and songs like "Bullet The Blue Sky" and "Even Better Than The Real Thing", I've never heard on a station I listen to, ever.

Angela

I havent heard Bullet much myself. When I indicated that before I was referring specifically to live only. Maybe I misunderstood the post, I thought it was live and/or radio and not both combined. :confused:

Lets face it, U2 arent played much on the radio these days period. Probeby the most played recently is Beautiful Day, however I'am not sick of it yet. Probebly the most overplayed throughout the years period is With Or Without You.

I have to say New Years day. If U2 comes up on rock radio around here it is this song, though they usually play the album version (better IMHO). Pride gets played a lot and ISHFWILF to a lesser extent along with One. But New Year's Day gets the most airplay on the stations I ever listen to by far.

Last edited:
Even Better Than the Real Thing and Beautiful Day. On the weekend I was station flipping and I heard EBTTRT, then Beautiful Day, then New Years Day - all one after the other. U2 get played a lot here - just not my favourite songs.

Blue Room said:
I havent heard Bullet much myself. When I indicated that before I was referring specifically to live only. Maybe I misunderstood the post, I thought it was live and/or radio and not both combined. :confused:

Ah, I see.

As for songs being played too often live...I've only seen a few concerts on T.V., so I can't say what ones have been played to death (but a lot of the popular songs, like "Pride" will most likely always be played at a show, because there's some songs you just can't get away with not playing at a concert).

Angela

frenchie1970 said:
i want to live where you people live - U2, overplayed? not by my house - and I even listen to the canadian stations. And I get really excited when I grocery shop and the band comes on - they bare definitely not HUGE around here. Thank god for CD players in the car!

*saw your other post about where you're from*

You got that right...although I hear them a lot on the Canadian stations.

I wish I could think of a U2 song that's overplayed, but I can't. Sure, "One" might be played more than others, but it's seldom played at all. The problem is finding any U2 on the radio.

As for "live" that's easy: "Bullet the Blue Sky" and I must agree that "Pride" has lost its luster. "I Still Haven't Found..." doesn't sound overpowering anymore, nor does "Sunday Bloody Sunday". The only reason the latter song should be played is in times of mourning, but that's just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom