the Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack Appreciation Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooperson

Refugee
ground beneath her feet
stateless
never let me go (wish it were a u2 song)
falling at your feet (with danny lanios)
dancin shoes
satallite of love (milla and bono's)
the MDH band

and where else are you gonna hear tito larriva(singer of great L.A. punk rock group the plugz) sing anarchy in the U.K. in spanish and about the USA? come on peeps show your love for everyones favorite soundtrack. :wink:

isn't it though. i love the part when bono sings during the final "all fall down"s. brilliant right?

Yes, this is the thread I've been waiting for! :hyper:

I just listened to it last night :yes: very cool stuff, very "atmospheric." The Ground Beneath Her Feet and Stateless are two of the best songs U2 has ever done, period. They're both in my top 25 (GBHF is in my top 5... the last minute or so is :drool: ). I'd love to hear U2 make more songs like that. Oh, and they have fantastic production.

As for the rest...Falling at Your Feet, Never Let Me Go, and Dancin Shoes are all good (especially Shoes, Bono is extra sexy on that :drool: ). I love the "cover" of Anarchy in the U.K. Probably the only stuff I don't like much on the soundtrack is the Satellite of Love covers...U2's cover was good, but the covers on here are mediocre...they're kinda ruined by Milla's screeching imo.

Oh, and don't forget The First Time was on here, one of U2's most beautiful songs.

they're kinda ruined by Milla's screeching imo.

Oh, completely. I know the gal CAN sing (her "Divine Comedy" CD from the early 90s was surprisingly good), so maybe she was doing it as an "in character" thing, but egads. Turn that shit off!

AtomicBono said:
Yes, this is the thread I've been waiting for! :hyper:

I just listened to it last night :yes: very cool stuff, very "atmospheric." The Ground Beneath Her Feet and Stateless are two of the best songs U2 has ever done, period. They're both in my top 25 (GBHF is in my top 5... the last minute or so is :drool: ). I'd love to hear U2 make more songs like that. Oh, and they have fantastic production.

As for the rest...Falling at Your Feet, Never Let Me Go, and Dancin Shoes are all good (especially Shoes, Bono is extra sexy on that :drool: ). I love the "cover" of Anarchy in the U.K.

Oh, and don't forget The First Time was on here, one of U2's most beautiful songs.

:yes: didn't the boys have a good laugh about not saving ground beneath her feet for the album? but bono had already promised it to wim wenders or something. silly bono. these songs are underated due to the fact that they were on the soundtrack and not on an album. forgoten masterpieces

I looooooooooooooooove this soundtrack. Impeccable. Better than most albums that came out around that time.

Of course the U2 songs are awesome.

Stateless :drool: :drool: :drool:

But everything else is equally as good. I love every version of Satellite of Love, and the neat little Bono/MDH band songs there like Dancing Shoes and Never Let Me Go.

An underappreciated track from this cd though is the First Time (reprise). Daniel Lanois and the MDH band made this little instrumental just melt me. It's so beautiful.

The highlight of the soundtrack is Falling at Your Feet.

To anyone who like that song as much as I do, I URGE you to pick up Daniel Lanois' album "Shine". Not only does it feature that song on it (slightly different version too:drool: ) but it features a whole albums worth of other songs in that style and of even greater quality.

Pick it up!

"Stateless" is one of my top ten favorite U2 songs. I also adore "The Ground Beneath Her Feet".

:D :up: you won't regret it Shaliz

lanceMC you reminded me that i have been meaning to check daniel lanois's album out for a while, hahaha.

BTW i rather like mila jovavitch singing. it's certainly something unusual, and although slightly deafening, i can dig it.

Back
Top Bottom