The Million Dollar Hotel.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kennerado

Refugee
I have to say that this is a brilliant film, it takes a few viewings but I finally get it and its great. Mel Gibson hates it but screw him.

I was suprised when I found out that Bono wrote the script in '88. Wenders did a good directing job aswell.

So although this has probably been discussed many times before, what do you good fans here think of the film?

Also, last year Bono told the story about Edge being from the future and the whole "whats it like?" thing. This was a line in the film, Gibson's character says to Tomtom that he is from the future, Tom Tom asked "Whats it like?" Gibson replies "Its better". There is a fun fact haha.

I really, really tried to get into this film, but I fell asleep twice while watching it. The third time I made it all the way through. It wasn't the worst film I've ever seen, but I certainly wouldn't call it "great".
It gets a solid :| from me.

kennerado said:
I have to say that this is a brilliant film, it takes a few viewings but I finally get it and its great. Mel Gibson hates it but screw him.

I was suprised when I found out that Bono wrote the script in '88. Wenders did a good directing job aswell.

So although this has probably been discussed many times before, what do you good fans here think of the film?

I agree with you :), this movie is great... in every possible way it's perfect...
I would just really want to know what are the changes that The Idiot a.k.a. Mel Gibson made in the script...

Caught this on Showtime one night, what an odd movie.

I'm not sure if it's odd in a good way or a bad way, and I missed Bono's cameo :mad:

I wonder what this movie would've been like if it was Gary Oldman and Winona Ryder as Tom-Tom and Eloise if it were made in the ZooTV Era.

It's definitely stylish and I suppose it was an interesting idea originally... but, meh. I just couldn't get into it. I think the film tried too hard to be "arty," and it just came off as more pretentious than anything else. The soundtrack is absolutely lovely, though. :)

It's definitely interesting, with a good cast and a fantastic soundtrack, and even the directing is good.

The problem is the script. It kinda sucks. Bono isn't a movie-maker, that's for sure.

I enjoyed it, but then again, I have odd taste in films. I decided I had to see it after seeing the Ground Beneath Her Feet video, the bit in the beginning with Tom Tom sitting at the window reminded me so much of Moulin Rouge (my all time favourite film) that I wanted to see it before I even realized that Bono had written it.
That said, not the best movie ever, but enjoyable enough.

It's definately underated. I liked it, but not your average audience type of movie.

My ex who doesn't even like U2 loved the movie and it had her crying for like 5 minutes at the end. I told her afterwards that Bono co-wrote and did all the music...she then tried to act like she didn't like the movie just to piss me off.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
It's definately underated. I liked it, but not your average audience type of movie.

My ex who doesn't even like U2 loved the movie and it had her crying for like 5 minutes at the end. I told her afterwards that Bono co-wrote and did all the music...she then tried to act like she didn't like the movie just to piss me off.

wow that sucks!

I love the films of Wim Wenders and obviously I love Bono's music, but TMDH is terrible. So boring and pretentious. There is no point to this movie. The acting is ok but everything else about the film is utter garbage IMO

If you want to see a decent Wim Wenders film, I'd recommend Wings of Desire, followed closely by faraway, so close!

They tried to make a cult film ... but they failed :shrug:

I've seen countless art films from Europe (art films from the USA are extremely rare :lol: ) way better than Millon Dollar Hotel.

Back
Top Bottom