The Lovetown appreciation thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blueeyedgirl said:

First Adelaide show, October something I can't remember everything! ;)

Bono had lost his voice and this was his comeback show. He was HYPER! He ran around, he slipped over, he pulled a bloke we had met in the line up overnight up on stage to play guitar (well, actually he jumped the rail and made for the stage but same thing, right? :wink: )

Oh yeah, I was there. :lol:

2nd favourite: Second Adelaide show. (I was there for that one too)

You were there? You are now officially awesome!

That show was 27 October, the second 28 October (yes, I know the tour itinerary by heart). I've soundboard (albeit only fair quality) of 27 October. Haven't listened to it in a while, though - guess I should bust it out tomorrow and give it a play!

Thank you Axver!

Yeah, I have a :)shh: cassette) of that too. That guy playing geetar would be our friend Neil. I have no idea whatever happened to him.

How timely this thread is! It's happened more than once now already, that I'm listening to a U2-era only to find a thread about it the next day on here. Maybe our minds are merging??? :eyebrow:

Coinkidink?

I was listing to R&H live yesterday, after a few years of absitance :reject: , and was totally BLOWN away by the tempo the band was playing, totally making JT songs come to live (f.e. In God's Country :drool: )

And then

WOW

All along the watchtower!!
I immediately remembered why it was my favorite song back in the day when I heared the oh so passionate "all I got is a red guitar, 3 chords and the truth" CHILLS DOWN MY SPINE.
I was exhilirated.

Awesome thread :wink:

Edge's solos, well especially during Lovetown and ZooTV:eyebrow: (Sry Axver) Edge was giving it a Jimi every night

Lovetown is U2's pinnacle of their live career. They've never sounded better than they did during Lovetown. :up:

Pero said:
I can not appreciate something that has Love rescue me.
Other than that, it's great

I don't understand why Love Rescue Me is hated so much around here. I actually like the song and enjoy it while listening to R&H. I like singing along to the sha la la's.

Down Under said:

Me too....first time I saw U2 live and the bonus B B King

You were there? Now I've another person to envy!

I have a DVD of the news footage shot that night (about five songs) and it is just so awesome when Bono invites the camera people onstage during Desire and Edge shreds right in front of them.

ZeroDude said:
Edge's solos, well especially during Lovetown and ZooTV:eyebrow: (Sry Axver) Edge was giving it a Jimi every night

Hey, I agree about the Zoo solos. Very little outside of Lovetown can beat Edge's Zoo Bullet solo.

Hawkmoon 269 slide intro ... :drool:
God Part II solo ... :drool:
One Tree Hill solo ... :drool:
All Along The Watchtower solo ... :drool:
It's all so droolworthy!

the tourist said:
Desire shredding....

He should've done that at every show! Or at least at ONE of the Dublin ones so that we could have a soundboard copy!

Another reason: the tickets were $40. Officially the last time U2 would ever be so affordable (bloody mega stadium 300 zillion video screens non-opening lemons golden arch dodgy costume yada yada yada concert tours! :mad: )

I have one of Edge shredding that's really, really good quality.... But at the same time I don't know the date on it because I bought a boot offline before I knew anything about them and it doesn't have the date and has multiple breaks and 30 tracks on it.... I can tell you that there is at least a portion which has these songs in order: Bullet The Blue Sky, Desire (5 and a half minute version), All Along The Watchtower, Slow Dancing, All I Want Is You, Where The Streets Have No Name (Fiberless Roman Candle intro), I Will Follow, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (w/Exodus), and People Get Ready (Bono asks if someone would like to take his guitar).... And if anyone could know what the date is from that info, it's you, Axver....

Maybe they'll have New Year's Eve at the Point in this fabled Box Set....

the tourist said:
I have one of Edge shredding that's really, really good quality.... But at the same time I don't know the date on it because I bought a boot offline before I knew anything about them and it doesn't have the date and has multiple breaks and 30 tracks on it.... I can tell you that there is at least a portion which has these songs in order: Bullet The Blue Sky, Desire (5 and a half minute version), All Along The Watchtower, Slow Dancing, All I Want Is You, Where The Streets Have No Name (Fiberless Roman Candle intro), I Will Follow, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (w/Exodus), and People Get Ready (Bono asks if someone would like to take his guitar).... And if anyone could know what the date is from that info, it's you, Axver....

That would be 10 January 1990, Rotterdam, the last night of Lovetown. They only did Slow Dancing twice on Lovetown, once on 1 December 1989 and the other on 10 January 1990. 1 December 1989 is the famous Osaka show with the 'backwards' set (there's a soundboard bootleg of that, actually).

Well it's good to know what I'm listening to now.... Except for the stitched in parts. Is the whole setlist from that night posted on u2-vertigo-tour.com?

Lovetown totally ROCKED!!!!:drool: :rockon:

Perfomances of the following songs were totally awesome and among the greatest efforts they've ever done.

God Part II
Desire
All Along The Watchtower
Hawkmoon269
All I Want Is You
One Tree Hill

Back
Top Bottom