The Lost U2 Album - Captive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tarvark

Acrobat
Anyone been taking captive for a spin?

Great album. Innovative Edge rocks.

Back in the 90s the dge was kicking around and made a soundtrack album for a movie (which sucked and was in french), The album is pretty much Edge with his gituar except for some nice sining by a Sineid (spelling?) O'Connor...

Like passengers except X100 - Bono- Larry - Adam X Edge(squared).

Tarvark said:
Back in the 90s the dge was kicking around and made a soundtrack album for a movie (which sucked and was in french), The album is pretty much Edge with his gituar except for some nice sining by a Sineid (spelling?) O'Connor...

Like passengers except X100 - Bono- Larry - Adam X Edge(squared).

Thanks, Im going to have to go check it out

Ive not heard it but according to another site

Released 1986
All 10 tracks (mostly instrumental) written and performed by The Edge
Larry Mullen Jr. guests on 1 Track (Heroine)

Heroine, sung by Sinead O'Connor, was released as a single

Ok I thought it was right before Atchung but I guess I was wrong. Still great album.

How can you call it 'the lost U2 album' when it's really the Edge's solo album for some possibly forgotten movie?

Exit thru Wire said:
Is it worth searching for and buying?

Well I wont say it does not meander and some parts are hard to get through. But moments are spectacular...

If you like the pure, free and unhindered "edge sound" playing for 45 minutes its nice. I use it to drive to.

And as for it being the lost U2 album, I think it is about how much you think the edge factors in to U2. Obviously it is not a real U2 album, but then neither is passengers.

It's an absolutely beautiful album. I think Rowena's Theme is the standout.

Decent album with a few highlights, nothing to write home about, and hardly essential...

blueeyedgirl said:
The real 'lost record' is the one Edge played on with Jah Wobble and a couple of members of Can, back around 82.

Now THAT has got to be worth hearing...

Captive is a surprisingly beautiful soundtrack (Rowena's theme is a awesome instumental while the title theme Heroine I believe is the first time you hear Sinead by herself as this soundtrack came out in 86 and her first album came out close to 89 I think

Back
Top Bottom