The little things u love about U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PopTart Pamela

Acrobat
Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, Australia
You know what I mean - the minutia of their music. It could just be one note or an entry that sends yoy crazy!

Like Bono's heavy breathing in Uf
Adam's entry in Gone
When Larry & Adam come in together in Zoostation and Discotheque - OMG!
backing vocals in Heartland that send me swooning
There is this low note Edge plays in WOWY after Bono has stopped singing - it just sends me nuts
the tinckle that goes from one earphone to the other all the way through Bad - especially live version on WAIA

What are the little things you love ?

Pamela

Last edited:
Good idea! :)

Start of Pride, the initial 3 notes (repeated) before the melody starts, so...majestical
Start of WOWY, endearing
the "wooo-oooh" bits in RTSS before the "she runs through the streets" verse, when it feels like a volcano is about to erupt
the part in So cruel, after the "love, dying every hour..." part and before the "you don't know if it's fear or desire" verse - that high note - like a light going off in the night
the ending of Stay - the "woah-ooh-oo-ooh", feels like floating
"did I ask too much, more than a lot, you gave me nothing now it's all I've got" and the "in my dreams I was drowning my sorrows but my sorrows they learned to swim, surrounding me going down on me, spinning over the brim" part - letting out the sorrow
"I'm a man I'm not a child..." part - it almost makes me duck every time, so much power in it

Live moments:
the keyboard start of Bad and the maniac-like "fade away" ending
after the intro, when the guitar starts in Streets and crowd goes wild
the "OOOOOOH" scream at the start of Streets during the last tour, and the "ooooh-oooh-oooh" towards the end - flying without wings!
people singing/clapping/cheering when they recognize the song
start of UTEOTW
the ending solo in New York and Bono's accompanying "ta da da daa da" shouts
ending solo of MW

Last edited:
-the ticking clock at the beginnig of Zoo Station and Gone (New version)

-"see the canyons broken by cloud"

- Edges guitar solo at the end of Electrical Storm/ it shoots up trough the stony ground

-"I`m a man, I`m not a child":yes:

Last edited:
Gosh, so much to say....like Edge's LiB solo! :drool:

The guitar riffs of One....

-The guitar in MY between "You were held how/By this love" and "While/You could stand there"; it's a little pulse that is just the slightest bit different from all the other guitar sounds
-The way Bono pulls his sleeves up over his knuckles
-"What you don't have, you don't need it now/what you don't know you can feel somehow"
-"One day I'll die/The choice will not be mine/Will it be too late/You can't fight fate"
-"YOOOOUUU! All I want is YOOOOOUUUUU!"
-The musical bridge in EBTTRT- I love the bass there
-The album opening to Walk On
-The Halle, halleluiah closing to Walk on
-The way the words are liquid. The omission of one word here, the addition of another one there, changing a line completely...The music generally remains the same, but the words and the meaning of the songs can change from tour to tour and even show to show.
And there's so much more! This just skims the surface!

Edited because I can't type

Last edited:
First one that popped into my mind was how my heart beats a little faster everytime I hear the Influx mix of "Elevation".

--edge singing at the end of live versions of stuck in a moment

--edge kareoke :lol:

--that part of "another time, another place" with the lyrics that you can't understand, and the same thing in "the elctric co."

--"new year's day" bass line

--drums on "sunday bloody sunday"

--"with or without you"---the bass line, and the ending guitar stuff

The beginning of Street...love it!
Halleluiah end to Walk On
Turning up the volume to Pride and belting it out with Bono
The great feeling you have after seeing them live
How the audience can sing every word to a song and you feel a bond with 20,000 other people.
Bono's voice period

- edge piano riff in NYD
- edge solo in The Fly :bow:
-The guitar notes while WOWU fades away
-The Pathos of "love is a temple/love a higher law/you ask me to enter/but then you make me crawl/and I can't be holding on/to what you got/when all you got is hurt" :heart:
-Walk on's 3 notes of piano repeated twice before the "all that you fashion..."piece
-The tangible angry and the power of Bono's sung in Like a Song
-Bono's voice and way of singing in The Ground Beneath her Feet
-The majestic intro of the streets :bow: :bow:

Their music truly touched my :heart:

Thank you guys :bono: :edge: :adam: :larry: !!!!

The "shine like stars in the summer night" bit added to WOWY live.

Bono's "wooo-oo-oo-oo" at the end of WOWY right before the guitar outro starts. It gives me goosebumps every time.

Bono wailing during the intro to Streets Slane.

Edge's guitar solo in Electrical Storm.

Edge's backing vocals in Gone.

The rhythm section at the beginning of God Part II, and the way Edge seems to come in out of nowhere on the guitar.

That noise in I Will Follow that sounds like beer bottles being knocked over.

Just Larry......

Well ok the fuzzy feeling you get listening to a show you were at

Singing out loud even though you cant sing but you dont care

Wearing yer u2 tshirts in summer or at a concert and seeing other ppl with them but i only ever see guys with them :der:

Back
Top Bottom