the "Lemon" video appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattFromNYC

War Child
i have always thought that this video was one of THE best music videos, or any piece of video art for that matter, of all-time.
i remember when i first saw it back in 1993, and thinking... 'fucking christ, man... this band really has that magic to morph into anything.. and yet not lose themselves or their depth in the process, and its part of their genius...', and also being a little shocked at the MacPhisto character, but quickly having it grow on me as one of my absolute favorites of all-time.

this video is just too great for words. but many people i know, even U2 fans, don't like it much. WHY????? its.. perfect. weird and perfect. weirdly perfect.

and as for bono wishing it was in color... hell, its better in black and white. it would lose that atmosphere that it has if it were in color. and i am SO glad they decided to use it.. after some doubt.
some of the best work i have ever seen. beautiful, too.

Lemon is my all-time favorite U2 video. I remember the first time I saw it, it was also the first time I saw Macphisto in action. I was shocked, but at the same time I greatly admired Bono's courage for putting himself out there like that.

100% agreed. Lemon is defiantely the best video by U2, and one of the best videos ever made. Love it!

My Lemon-y love affair is no secret round these parts.

The video is great! But the music... the falsetto... MacPhisto saying "Lemon" and opening the mouth like that... I still can't stand that :mad:

P.S. my nick, in a way, is ironic towards this :wink:

Beautiful and Unique video for a beautiful and unique song..
It's definately a stand out for U2's video's.
They should make more arty little videos :)

Zootlesque said:
Man reads thread.

Had to quote it, your the next big thing:wink:

Oh right,
"Man builds a PC, so he, himself can post:wink: "

Last edited:
BurninStar said:
I love the lemon video!!! I always get funny looks in the grocery store because whenever I say lemons, I say it in the MacPhisto voice!:happy:

Everyone does:wink:

"Man builds a PC, so he, himself can post "

I thought I was witty:|

ZeroDude said:

"Man builds a PC, so he, himself can post "

I thought I was witty:|
I thought you were too. :up:

In fact, we should start all replies to this thread with 'Man <verb>...'

Zootlesque said:

I thought you were too. :up:

In fact, we should start all replies to this thread with 'Man <verb>...'

Man has an idea,