The latest Creed quote that makes me want to kill things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropa140

Babyface
From the latest SPIN:

"You can say what you want about this band, but it's undeniable," says Creed lead singer Scott Stapp. "It's very similar to Led Zeppelin. The first three albums, they got bashed basically from the entire media, and it wasn't until their fourth album that everybody accepted the fact that Led Zeppelin were gonna be there and be around. We're kind of starting to feel that way."

mad.gif

This band must be stopped at all costs.

Originally posted by Zooropa140:

mad.gif

This band must be stopped at all costs.

Hahaha.. I agree. .. It seems that they're doing all they can to make the comparisons themselves the elevate their status.. It's like giving yourself your own NickName..

Next thing you know Stapp will be proclaiming himself as the Lingere Ripper.

L.Unplugged

Okay, first of all, they suck, so don't waste your energy on them. Second, comparing yourself to Led Zep isn't that big of a compliment. Led Zep sucked most of the time, too.

So, there you go.

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

But Scott, don't you realize that Zep were a GREAT band? Not just a bunch off knock-offs?

So I watched the "My Sacrifice" video tonight. I have to admit, Scott Stapp sure has that that "angst" thing down. You know, clenched fists, anguished face, look to the sky, etc. He's great at it. I can't wait to see what emotion he learns next.....
rolleyes.gif

-Mike

Scott Stapp has such a big ego.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Originally posted by martha:
comparing yourself to Led Zep isn't that big of a compliment. Led Zep sucked most of the time, too.

So, there you go.

What a bunch of fucking bullshit. I dont want to waste my time telling you how much bullshit it is, I would rather eat popcorn and scracth my ass, dogdick.

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Somebody stop me before I go mental.

*slaps April around a bit*

Whoopsie, thought you said somebody slap me, lol...
------------------
when a good time turns around
you must whip it
you will never live it down
unless you whip it
no one gets their way
until they whip it
i say whip it
whip it good

[This message has been edited by ~LadyLemon~ (edited 03-04-2002).]

I couldn't believe it...

When I went home last week, I saw my brother's copy of "Weathered" next to his computer...

I hope he's not listening to it because he's an upstanding, hardcore evangelical Christian...
icon38.gif

icon38.gif

icon38.gif

[This message has been edited by theSoulfulMofo (edited 03-04-2002).]

God these guys suck!!! Who are these millions buying their records? I am proud to not know ANY of them!!! Their recent concert reviews are hilarious, they are just getting trashed by the press, and justifiably so. They are so derivative and pretentious, with no merit.

Please break up Creed!! Do us all a favor.

Originally posted by U2DMfan:
I would rather eat popcorn and scracth my ass, dogdick.

Ah Yes... There's no better way to insult someone than say you'd rather scratch your ass... Hahahah... That's funny..

L.Unplugged

Originally posted by U2DMfan:
What a bunch of fucking bullshit. I dont want to waste my time telling you how much bullshit it is, I would rather eat popcorn and scracth my ass, dogdick.

A little harsh, don't you think?

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

Do we not have anything better to do than bitch about Creed and insult each other?

rolleyes.gif

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

I don't understand why people make such a big deal about Creed. They're harmless.

They're not Limp Bizkit or Eminem.

When Creed first started out, Stapp said a lot of cool things about U2. Now that they are "famous", they don't bother to mention U2 really and whats up with this Zepplin stuff?

I find his (Stapps) inconsistencies funnier than his lyrics. I believe their bass player left the band and instead of getting another bass player, they supposedly have a fill in at every show, somebody disposable. Now thats arrogance!

They have a permanent sub bass player. His name is Brett Hestla. He will probably never be an official Creed member, but he's there.

Don't ask me why I know this.

one minute they adore pearl jam, the next U2, now they have a zepplin fascination as can be seen by this quote and their blaten rip-off of cashmere[sic?] in their latest song.

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Do we not have anything better to do than bitch about Creed and insult each other?

rolleyes.gif

Yes but U2 isn't on tour right now so we're resorting to whatever pleases our primitive instincts.

I'm sorry but whoever said Led Zeppelin "sucked most of the time" needs to "go away" and think really hard about what they just said. Zeppelin was one of the most influential bands of all time. Still is. They inspired a lot of the bands that U2 were influenced by. So without Led Zeppelin there would be no U2. And without U2...who knows. You tell me.

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
rolleyes.gif

You said it!
Besides, I like Creed. Don't have any of their CDs, but they're my fave band that I don't have any CDs of!

Originally posted by tackleberry:
I'm sorry but whoever said Led Zeppelin "sucked most of the time" needs to "go away" and think really hard about what they just said. Zeppelin was one of the most influential bands of all time. Still is. They inspired a lot of the bands that U2 were influenced by. So without Led Zeppelin there would be no U2. And without U2...who knows. You tell me.

That was me, and I stand by my OPINION. I don't need to go away just because you disagree with me. Influential doesn't always mean good. I grew up listening to them, and bought a record or two. I find them overblown and overdone most of the time. We can disagree with resorting to personal insults.

------------------

It seems that Stapp is trying to imitate Bono and U2 so much. He says things he knows would irk people. Stapp also has this smug about him that Bono claims he's good at. He even likes Led Zeppelin (a band U2 claimes had an influence on them) and now claims the same things happening to Led, happening to his band, Creed.

Clearly, Stapp adores U2. He's trying to achieve what our favorite band has done. He's trying so hard, he forgot to throw in some HUMILITY.
wink.gif
And that's one of the major differences between him and Bono. Stapp should keep that in mind if he wants Creed to have the same longevity and success that U2 has, or any of the great bands had.

I used to get annoyed with Stapp's remarks. Now, however, he's trying too hard, it's funny.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by tackleberry:

AMEN!!!!!

Originally posted by martha:
That was me, and I stand by my OPINION. I don't need to go away just because you disagree with me. Influential doesn't always mean good. I grew up listening to them, and bought a record or two. I find them overblown and overdone most of the time. We can disagree with resorting to personal insults.

Hear, hear. and don't you be telling martha to "go away". She's one of the damn coolest people on this forum.
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 03-05-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom