The latest adventures of Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumn454

War Child
Okay so not everyone reads PLEBA. So I'm here to report on all the flurry of Bono sightings and activities in the last few days. Here are the pics of him at the tribute dinner at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC on March 11. He is with Springsteen, Little Steven and some old guy. What's with the U2 and Oasis posters, maybe ads for that 'summer tour?'

bono_1.jpg

bono_2.jpg

bono_3.jpg

bono_4.jpg

bono_5.jpg

bono_frankbarsalona.jpg

(All these pics courtesy of Bono's American Wife)

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

The next day, he was back in DC discussing his causes with politicians.

1745551420.jpg

1611317303.jpg

Oh yes and on March 10 he met with Clinton and Gorbachev at the Russian Embassy. This was for the Franklin Foundation which helps the children of Sept. 11 victims.

3020873770.jpg

2752389163.jpg

------------------

Just yesterday, Adam's birthday, he was back in DC discussing African AIDS and debt relief with political figures again.

psi_preview_LTEJEEJEEJEEJAEHEEHFEJGEHNEHJEJEEJEEJEEJNENNEDEENM.jpg

33392%3A%3A723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A8%3E573%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3A43%3A38%3Bnu0mrj

SO there is lots of news on Bono lately just not of the musical variety. Oh except that he will be on VH-1 tonight on that Corrs show. Where will he show up next?

------------------

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Wha?!!!
That poster!!!
What does it mean?!!!

Looks like a Pop era poster... U2 + Oasis 1997.... I think that's what that is...
smile.gif

Originally posted by Autumn454:
What's with the U2 and Oasis posters, maybe ads for that 'summer tour?'

Yeah I was actually thinking about that when I saw the pics at first. But since no one seemed to care about it, I just thought that it was some sort of "old news" that I had missed. Is those posters new? I?ve never seen them before.

Originally posted by Angel:
Looks like a Pop era poster... U2 + Oasis 1997.... I think that's what that is...
smile.gif

I believe you are correct...that really does look like a Pop-era poster.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by Idiosyncrasy:
Why would there be a popmart poster at a tribute dinner on March 11, 2002.

The design looks nothing like the popmart posters.

Well I don?t know why there are popmartposters there. But it?s true, they DO look like posters from the popmartera. Not the one you just posted but, just look at the booklet to "POP" (the album) and the posters for POP, and you will see...

Those posters Bono is sitting in front of look like they might be memoribilia that could be auctioned off for charity? they seem to be wrapped in plastic and there is a plaque in front of the U2/Oasis one.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Back
Top Bottom