The Killers single-How U2 should have sounded.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feel sorry for the Killers. A couple of decades down the road their fans are gonna start telling them what bands they should be sounding like too.

the new killers album will kick everybody's ass. if only their message board was as good as blue crack :wink: . . . and allowed setlist parties :|

Song blows in my opinion. Sounds like every other alternative act out there right now wearing that 80's influence on their sleeves.

ozeeko said:
Song blows in my opinion. Sounds like every other alternative act out there right now wearing that 80's influence on their sleeves.

I agree. That's why almost no new band fascinates me. All of them want to be alternative rock or a pseudo-post-punk thing, dress like they were a few decades ago in the beggining of something new and acting weird.
I insist that new bands (mostly those who are breakingthrough now) haven't been bringing nothing really new to the listener and to the viewer.

nuke126 said:
i'm going insane waiting for Sam's Town. i can't wait. I LOVE THE KILLERS!

I keep waiting for it to leak!, I'm quite excited about this, and I'm not that big a killers fan.

(Dont worry, i'll be buying two copies to make for my leak download :))

I like the Killers, but I have to say I'm only half impressed with When You Were Young. It has its moments, but I'm not overwhelmed by the song as a whole. I'll keep my ears out for the album, though

I really wanted to like WYWY, but it is completely cookie-cutter Killers. It sounds exactly how you'd expect them to sound - big synth hook, 4/4 bass, huge snare drums, affecting voice, ringing guitar except that unlike the best stuff on Hot Fuss, it is rather unmemorable.

The hooks are ear candy - theyre short and very sweet and stick in your head for the first few days, but are mediocre compared to, say, Smile Like You Mean It, a song that has far better hooks as well as atmosphere and emotion. It also has NO attention span - it shifts from one part to the next (the slow bridge, which has real promise, lasts maybe 10 seconds and we're off into the disposable chorus section again) - its like a 3 minute sample of what to expect from the band.

Based on the hype, I was expecting great things, a jump in maturity, lyrics, atmoshpere, and songwriting skills combined with their already fine eye for a hook. What I got was cut-and-paste confection, a step in the backward direction. My words seem harsh, but this is only because I expected good things. I sincerely hope the rest of the album has more substance.

Do I want U2 to sound like this? Rather, I'd play this video to U2, and at the end, have a huge red X splattered all over it, with the instructions "HOW NOT TO MAKE YOUR NEXT ALBUM".

not sure why u2 should sound like anyone else.

i thought that's why u2 was always admired... cause they DIDN'T sound like anyone else?

u2 should do their own thing, and they'll be fine.

"
Based on the hype, I was expecting great things, a jump in maturity, lyrics, atmoshpere, and songwriting skills combined with their already fine eye for a hook. What I got was cut-and-paste confection, a step in the backward direction. My words seem harsh, but this is only because I expected good things. I sincerely hope the next album has more substance. "

Exactly my thoughts. About HTDAAB. Slight paraphrase inserted.

Back
Top Bottom