The Killers single-How U2 should have sounded.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:angry:

madmu7.gif

:sigh: I know, I know. Too late to the game.

Edit:

I have something else to contribute!

I made this a long time ago for an LJ community I run.

THIS IS A RARE AND UNRELEASED JT ALBUM COVER!

For a brief moment in time, the mothership was visible.

jtshipcopy0ew.gif

Edge went home to pick up a 10 year supply of beanies...from the future...for the future.
There's some complicated mathematical reasoning to it, but it's too much to write down.

Last edited:
PlaTheGreat said:

madmu7.gif

Pla, it doesn't matter what time you come anyways, you made this masterpiece:

omgsn5cp7.gif

so all is forgiven and then some.

lowell, David ate all of Roger's cookies.

This is my reaction everytime I see that animation:

First glance: Was I on crack when I made this?

.3 seconds later: It's not even remotely funny.

.8 seconds later: Wait, Roger looks like he's crying lol

1.3 seconds later: :lol: Gilmour hyponitzing with cookies

1.5 seconds later: :lmao:

But I do think credit goes to GibsonGirl for finding such a hilarious Waters photo.

I don't think you saw my other find, Pla. :sad: That one of Roger looking like a baby was good. But THIS one takes the cake! I posted it in the naughty forum. Here it is again, in all its glory:

2.jpg

Pretty pretty pretty please do something with it! :bow:

GibsonGirl said:
I don't think you saw my other find, Pla. :sad: That one of Roger looking like a baby was good. But THIS one takes the cake! I posted it in the naughty forum. Here it is again, in all its glory:

2.jpg

you don't make fun of a legend:madspit:
:madwife:

:wink:

GibsonGirl said:

2.jpg

:lmao:

he looks asian.

I must be missing it.

Because of this thread, I went to youtube to see and hear the song.

I expected this sensational, blow-me-away, song that would make someone say, "Now *THIS* is what U2 should sound like."

Instead, I heard a very stale sound that's been done a 10000 times before. I'm no hater - the song was fine and I enjoy The Killers. But this wasn't that special. In fact, I'd go so far to say that if U2 had made this exact song, it would get blasted on these boards for the 80's sound!

So either I'm not getting it, or I'm just way out of it.

doctorwho said:
I must be missing it.

Because of this thread, I went to youtube to see and hear the song.

I expected this sensational, blow-me-away, song that would make someone say, "Now *THIS* is what U2 should sound like."

Instead, I heard a very stale sound that's been done a 10000 times before. I'm no hater - the song was fine and I enjoy The Killers. But this wasn't that special. In fact, I'd go so far to say that if U2 had made this exact song, it would get blasted on these boards for the 80's sound!

So either I'm not getting it, or I'm just way out of it.

Pretty much, yeah. I don't see what's so exceptional about that song. Or the band. I'd hate to see U2 doing a song like that. How this song could be a progression from U2's 90s era is beyond me.

GibsonGirl said:

Oh, I saw it all right. :mad:

I have a perfect explanation for that expression on David's face.
It's quite simple really.

endoftheworldwk2.gif

ROGER WATERS IS SATAN! :ohmy:

Flying FuManchu said:
I think it's funny/ cool how he switches off from the regular mic to the mic with the keyboard. Definitely different, LOL.

Not completely different. Freddie Mercury did that all the time. Or do you mean different in terms of The Killers' previous shows?

PlaTheGreat said:

madmu7.gif

Edit:

I have something else to contribute!

I made this a long time ago for an LJ community I run.

THIS IS A RARE AND UNRELEASED JT ALBUM COVER!

For a brief moment in time, the mothership was visible.

jtshipcopy0ew.gif

Edge went home to pick up a 10 year supply of beanies...from the future...for the future.
There's some complicated mathematical reasoning to it, but it's too much to write down.

:applaud:

You are a photoshop goddess :flirt:

GibsonGirl said:

Not completely different. Freddie Mercury did that all the time. Or do you mean different in terms of The Killers' previous shows?

Not a big Queen fan, so I wouldn't know what Mercury did live except for seeing clips. Never seen the Killers live except for clips, but it stuck out considering most bands big and small just have extra guy/ gal doing keyboards while the lead singer just sings or plays rhythm... LOL

But since Mercury did it first (sort of probably) then I guess, The Killers aren't as innovative as I thought! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom