The Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharky

New Yorker
so my sweet boyfriend lent me his copy of the Making of the Joshua Tree with the band talking about how they made it, what the mixes were like, etc.

So it inspired me to throw JT in the CD player. I have a tendency to sometimes forget about my U2 albums and not listen to them for a few months and then BAM! I remember how much I like Boy or War.

So who's with me? JT is cool! WOWY is one of the best songs ever recorded. Exit is deliciously evil. Running and Mothers make me ache. I'm not the only one right?

I also pulled JT out about a week ago for my driving music and am loving it all over again. I hadnt listened to it for months...too long really! For me I think that is because you hear so many of the songs from the JT on the radio. I had actually forgotten that I love practically every song on there. Kept going back to Running and In God's Country.

Went through the same thing with AB not so long ago.

Kari

Same thing happened to me this weekend...I put JT in for driving music on Friday and I haven't taken it out since. WOWY really is one of the greatest songs ever performed...it's absolutely perfect. And I have this thing for Exit lately, especially:
He went deeper into black
Deeper into white...he could see
The stars shine
Like nails in the night
He felt the healing
Healing, healing, healing
Hands of love
Like the stars shiny, shiny...
From above

I really need to get JT on CD. I only have it on cassette so I don't listen to it all that often. I will agree and say Exit is just amazing and Bullet still punches through anything in its way. Great stuff

Joshua Tree is right up there as my 2nd favorite album of all time, (after UF) every song on this album amazes me, each song is so intense. And I too Schmeg have recently become obsessed with Exit! R&H DVD Exit full blast in surround sound is quite an experience!!! Thats what I did all Friday night, rewatch different pieces of R&H over and over again.....
I also remember the best grammies of all time, when U2 took home 3 awards for JT, what a show! Those were some great times for U2!

"The Joshua Tree" rules. That's my favorite U2 album. So many great songs on there, some classic ones, and the songwriting is some of the best that I've ever seen. I certainly understand why this is hailed as one of U2's best albums.

If I'm ever out west someday, I will travel through the desert and listen to that CD. :).

Angela

martha said:
Come out West and play that record and drive in the desert. It's a great thing. :yes:

:yes: We drove to California for Christmas, and I took it as always...it is eerie sometimes how perfectly it matches up with a drive. Like a soundtrack.

And I was all excited when the actual joshua trees showed up...there were tons of little ones and I was dying to have one of my own. :p

I've never driven through the desert, but when I was vacationing in South Dakota a couple years back I had JT in the tape deck of my car practically the whole time. It was pretty cool driving through the Badlands and listening to it. (I would have also listened to the song "Badlands" by Bruce Springsteen if only I had it on tape rather than on CD).

Giant Lemon said:

I can just imagine blasting In God's Country while driving through the desert...

It's an amazing feeling. I've probably done it 100 times over the past 10 years and I still get chills.

On my way back to school last week I had JT playing in my new CD player for the entire two hours. That's a great disc to listen to when you're travelling. I have recently rediscovered Trip Through Your Wires and Red Hill Mining Town. Of course, all the songs are great! My favorite (right now) is In God's Country.

Yay for JT!!!

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:scream: gah, i totally blew it by not taking this cd with me. :(

*makes mental note to pack this cd with me next time i am going out west*

I promise you Iris...IF you make it to Vegas, I'll have my truck and we'll take a JT journey into the desert :sexywink: :wave:

Back
Top Bottom