THE Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoo_Fly

Acrobat
Okay everybody, I know that this discussion has come up a few times before, and I apologise in advance for this thread, but I'm in need of a bit of help.

I'm heading to California this weekend from Toronto, and I'm hoping to come across the actual tree from the album cover (I know it's fallen, but it would still be a great spot to stop). I recall a thread which had the actual coordinates for it, if I remember correctly.

I realize that there have been threads about this (though, I believe that they were loooong ago, as I was in Uni when I recall seeing one). As I do not have the search function, I was wondering if a fellow interferencer could post either whatever information they know, or a link to some of the threads discussing this issue.

Much appreciated! Mods, feel free to move this thread if it is in the wrong place!:wave:

Thanks everyone for your help! I'm glad I posted this in the right section! My email, bonocomet, is dave_is_grimey@hotmail.com. Usually I wouldn't mind the fun of searching, but my time driving through the desert is limited, so I want to be sure to find it on the day I'm near Joshua Tree (doing some horseback riding that day)! Thanks! I'll post pics in the other forum when I return!:wave:

Zoo_Fly if you are hoping to see the tree the same day you are at Joshua Tree Park remember they are around 3 1/2 to 4 hours apart. The tree is outside Death Valley, not JT National Park. I made the trip to the tree early in the morning, and left it around noon. It took until between 3 or 4 o'clock to get to JT Park. The Harmony Motel (where U2 stayed and the pics were taken) is there though so I spent the night there and then spent the day in the JT park the next day. Anyways... I'll be sending you an email!

Ahh, well perhaps I'll do that the next day then, since we're heading to Death valley the next day! I just remembered the Harmony Motel from the pics! I'll see if I can get a reservation there! Thanks bonocomet!

Back
Top Bottom