The Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just listened to the Joshua Tree, eh. And, now, they are on the cover of Time Magazine. Obviously, they have sold out. I bet this will become a pattern of theirs.

I saw The Joshua Tree in the store yesterday - on something called a CD! What the heck is this? Some new trend? It will never last. I'm buying my copy on cassette, than you very much!

Joshua Tree is great........but I don't want them cutting out hits like "Two Hearts Beat As One" or "Surrender" to make way for new material on the tour....:mad:

with or without you,nah thanks i'll stick with E P and America...now theres a future classic,and as for the cover of 'The joshua tree people will surely find it a bit dull.....i mean black and white!this is the 1980's now not the sixties!

Watch... they'll probably try changing their sound next decade and think they're hot stuff. They'll probably have Willie make up some wacked out stage design and start their shows with techo songs 8 in a row off a new record. God, what is this 40 bucks a ticket shit?! 40 bucks a ticket. God, I can't pay for that? I gotta pay off my students lones. Man, those alone of 20,000 bucks. Jesus. U2 is dead. They won't last. They'll vanish with the 80s.

SMB

Good record, I agree.

Surely, in ten years, they'll be like any other band, doing greatest hits tour and the like. These folks are a one-hit wonder folks.

Imagine if there actually were bands who turned 180 and danced around in mirrorball lemons :rolleyes:

No spoken words said:
I just listened to the Joshua Tree, eh. And, now, they are on the cover of Time Magazine. Obviously, they have sold out. I bet this will become a pattern of theirs.

What'd I tell ya? Sell outs. :angry:

U2 can keep their $40 concert tickets. I think I'll go watch a concert for a band that actually matters - Bon Jovi. I can forsee them being relevant and cutting edge right into the new millennium! I think U2 will be calling it quits very soon. And anyway, Jon's hair is better than Bono's any day.

Bono looks like that thing in my garden that scares the birds!!
He's so ugly, yuk.
$40 for a ticket, U2 are sellouts.
Anyone has new Nena album?? It rocks

Pero said:
Bono looks like that thing in my garden that scares the birds!!
He's so ugly, yuk.
$40 for a ticket, U2 are sellouts.
Anyone has new Nena album?? It rocks

The Nena record is really good, I agree. Great future there, I think.

Also, you all might want to go pick up the latest from Glass Tiger, they're for real.

Just saw U2 at the grammy awards, come on fellas, dress up for the occasion and stay sober. They're done.

it could be a grower, but at the moment the only song i like is with or without you
hey whats the name's singer again? Bono? just Bono or what?
He has a great voice, thats for sure

Im gonna put my cassete where i have recorded that song of theirs 'In the naaame of looove'.
Have they got any more good songs?
That tune "I will be with you again" is U2 right?
My tape has also Tom Kimmel's 'Thats freedom' what song!
"One heart, one love"
I even have Debbie Gibson's 'Out of the blue remix' in there......

The whole god damn album is a ripoff of Henry Rollins' greatest hits.

Yeah that Joshua Tree's no good....in the mean time I've just written this brilliant song called "One", you should all come and hear it :madspit:

Who names themselves "The Edge", by the way. This band is at "the edge" of becoming irrelevant, mark my words. Next they'll try to discover american music on film, or something.

Back
Top Bottom