The Influx Chills!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike P

Acrobat
Does anybody else still get the chills every time they listen to the influx mix that opens all of the shows? I can still picture being in the heart...everyone around me going apeshit....screaming. Oh, and this was BEFORE they took the stage!!!!

Damn...great times.

Having a holiday-related moment of nostalgia
smile.gif

-Mike

------------------
My U2 Bootleg Archive

Good call!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that inro that they did. And yes, I got the chills. And yes, I still get flashback chills when I play the Influx Remix. I can't think of a band that has better intros to their shows than U2 (POPMART and AB were incredible too; I love that they put those intros on the DVD).

[This message has been edited by ultraviolet353 (edited 12-10-2001).]

OMG. ALWAYS. EVERY TIME. Never tire of it. It brings back such awesome memories!
biggrin.gif

I even found and bought the Elevation 4-version remix CD specifically for the Influx remix, even tho I already had a boot copy of it one on another CD! (*department of redundancy department, Disco speaking*)

But here's MY question: I heard yet another version of Elevation that i just loved, which was not on the 4-remix CD, and was not the album version...good grief how many remixes do these songs merit??

the sad part: I'll never get to hear the Influx remix LOUD, proud, and rattling my ribcage in a concert hall just before U2 steps on stage ever again....will I????????
frown.gif

hi Pubbie!

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 12-10-2001).]

I get chills and I have to start pogo-ing wherever I am at the time.
biggrin.gif

*raincloud starts pogo-ing at work*

------------------
"Midnight is where the day begins..."

I always get a smile on my face when I hear Influx.
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

It reminds me of being in the heart in Providence, and some crazed U2 fan to my left going absolutely nuts...oh wait that was you Mike.
How ya doin?

Originally posted by DrTeeth:
Is it a b-side of one of the singles?

Tracks:
1. Elevation (Tomb Raider Mix) 3.35
2. Elevation (Escalation Mix) 7.04
3. Elevation (Influx Remix) 4.02
4. Elevation (Quincey & Sonance Remix) 6.53

Hi Disco!
smile.gif

Originally posted by Hewson:
It reminds me of being in the heart in Providence, and some crazed U2 fan to my left going absolutely nuts...oh wait that was you Mike.
How ya doin?

Too funny! Yes, I have the Influx chills too!

[This message has been edited by BostonAnne (edited 12-11-2001).]

How ya doin?

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

How ya doin?

Damn fine, Hewson! Yourself? I was so tired after that show. I had no voice for about a week, my ear were ringing for 4 or 5 days, and I loved every minute of it! Yeah, I guess I really was going crazy. But I can't think of a better time to do it.

-Mike

------------------
My U2 Bootleg Archive

Right on, Mike. I finally got around to burning a CDR of ATYCLB with selected b-sides and remixes added on (so they won't take up 4 of 5 slots in my CD changer). Influx always earns a push of the REPEAT button in my car!

- hibricc

I absolutely love Influx...gives me the chills and takes me back to my two times in the heart.
biggrin.gif

Man, I miss them so much already!!

------------------
"I sometimes get the odd twinge that I wouldn't mind playing lead guitar, just like a couple of notes, but that's about as near as I would want to get to the front." -Larry

I definitely get the Influx chills- that song will always bring back good memories.

On the flip side, does anyone get depressed when they hear Grace? It always makes me think of the end of concerts and the sadness of knowing it's all over.

Originally posted by Mike P:
Damn fine, Hewson! Yourself? I was so tired after that show. I had no voice for about a week, my ear were ringing for 4 or 5 days, and I loved every minute of it! Yeah, I guess I really was going crazy. But I can't think of a better time to do it.

-Mike

I'm doing well. That was certainly a night to remember. everyone was going a little crazy, its part of what made the heart experience so memorable.
Two words for ya for next tour: "Ear Plugs"
smile.gif

Tim

That was certainly a night to remember. everyone was going a little crazy, its part of what made the heart experience so memorable.

Are you referring to Oct 30 or Oct 31? I just love listening to "Out of Control" from Oct 30! (and of course, Bad")

BostonAnne...the night in question is 10-30, I was in the heart next to Mike P, laughing at your little girls answer to Bono's what's your name question.
Was in section 122 on 10-31 for Larry's B'day festivities.
Both nights were awesome.

Originally posted by BostonAnne:
Are you referring to Oct 30 or Oct 31? I just love listening to "Out of Control" from Oct 30! (and of course, Bad")

The 30th. My first and only Heart experience, which I am currently reliving through my headphones!
BTW, your daughter was really cute. "I love you!!" Heheh
wink.gif

-Mike

------------------
My U2 Bootleg Archive

BostonAnne...the night in question is 10-30, I was in the heart next to Mike P, laughing at your little girls answer to Bono's what's your name question.

One of the reviews on U2tours.com said

"Odd choice for a name, I thought, but then, I don't know her parents. Perhaps they're hippies
smile.gif
."

My daughter was actually embarrassed when she realized later what he had asked her!

Definitely get the chills when I play that mix. Makes me want to start yelling at the top of my lungs and woohoo-ing.
biggrin.gif

Another one that does it is Sgt. Pepper's. Gets me all antsy and feeling like...any minute they will be onstage!

*sigh*

-sula

hi disco and pub
wink.gif

I so regret not trying to see both shows! My sister and brother-in-law went to Larry's BD too and called me on her cell for the festivities and then again when "Bad" was on!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom