The important question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rafiennes

Refugee
...isn't about album title or how the album will sound or will it be better than (insert album name here) or what kind of mustache will Edge have. No, no. The important question is:

Based on the last two albums (Miami, New York), what major American city will be sung about on this album? Los Angeles? Seattle? Deluth? These are serious times, people!

:shame:

(this post contains sarcasm. if you are unable to detect sarcasm, then you need to get out of your house more.)

damn, i forgot about this when i guessed my tracklisting!

it's either Boston, because U2 loves Boston, or Chicago, because Bono promised it!

I'm guessing Chicago

He said Chicago during the last tour, but that may have been half-joking. :shrug:

I dunno, they recorded in Miami and he has a flat in New York which may have inspired them but this time around I'm not sure. Maybe one day we will have a song called Dublin or Paris (since he has a house in France)...

Chicago

In Chicago
You can watch... Dr. zhivago
Or have a dog with salt and relish
But definitely not a taco

While on LSD
You can jam and jive
no- not on the miracle drug,
just Lake Shore Drive

The food is thick
and bars open late,
Look out for Oprah
She's lost alot of weight!

Jordan's already gone,
What are we to do?
Maybe make a music video
starting him and me and you!

In Chicago...

Needed a place to sing about,
While onstage,
To flail wildly around
screaming and shouting out!

Chicago...

All because of Chicago...
All BECAUSE of Chicago...
All because of Chicago...
I am... ALIVE!!!

i was at the show in may '01 when he promised chicago a song on the next album...had to do with chicago always bein a great town to them, then he reminisced about their show at Park West 20 years earlier. chicago sold out 4 shows that week in may '01- there was originally only one show on sale, but that's typical to add a few i guess.

they won't sing about another us city anymore. the new city song will be ANKARA (the capital of turkey)

Let's check out the tracklisting, shall we?

9. Love And Peace Or Else
10. Whatever City We're Playing In Tonight
11. All Because Of You

Hope they have enough good stuff now NOT to sing about a city...'cause it's lyricaly pretty :censored: to listen to...
(except when you live there ofcourse...)

GO ALBUM GO !!!

Last edited:
I have it from a very good source (The Edge's neighbor's brother's car mechanic) that there is indeed a city-titled song on the album. Kerplakishtan City.

Interesting developments abound!

Back
Top Bottom