the I REFUSE TO DOWNLOAD THE ALBUM club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
it's not that weird virginity club... that you can enter if you've heard 2 or 5 songs...

this is for people that likes to hear the album BUT prefers to wait for an actual thing to touch...

(everyone should do this): I JOIN THIS CLUB because there's nothing more exiting and closer to an orgasm than to open the package, take out the cd, placing it on the cd player, press PLAY, close your eyes and FLY!!!!

join... it's tough :wink:

I'm in...as long as the two b-sides are ok. Resisted against all beach/other clips completely.

ha ha! The album's awesome! It's going to 2 long weeks for you for the dumbest reason I've ever heard!

In the words of Starsky: "DO IT."

I should be mad at myself for giving in; on the contrary, I'm enjoying it immensely. Give yourself up!

These songs will most certainly increase your standard of living for the next two weeks. I'm saving two songs for when I get the album, though. Anyway, why would you deny yourself a better life. What's two weeks anyway? You'll be listening to these songs for a long time, so why not start now? I can't resist: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

You listen to records, you don't touch them (though the great ones touch you). Download it, listen, then buy it 11/23. We are U2's hardcore fanbase. We are the reason they're where they are. Enjoy the music.

What's in a date? Why subject yourself to torture anyway?

come on guys, download it. you never know if you'll be in a fluke accident that leaves you deaf before Nov. 23 :wink: how would you feel then knowing you could have heard the album earlier and could have had the tunes in your head for the rest of your life. hahahha jk.

Download it. You know you want to.

And if you don't you're crazy because these songs will give you a reason to get up every morning.

Hey pepokiss....no worries you aren't alone.
However, I have a slightly different, and special reason. I'm a PhD student who never takes/gets any time off year round (very, very little anyway -- weekday daylight is a foreign experience) and I had it all planned out to take the morning of the 23rd (my 27th birthday incidentally) off and snuggle up with my girlfriend for a private first listen. The best present I could ever ask for.

But then again, I understand that some of you will still think I'm a fool -- and in most ways, you're probably right...um...er...but that's beside the point!

trashdaveed said:
Hey pepokiss....no worries you aren't alone.
However, I have a slightly different, and special reason. I'm a PhD student who never takes/gets any time off year round (very, very little anyway -- weekday daylight is a foreign experience) and I had it all planned out to take the morning of the 23rd (my 27th birthday incidentally) off and snuggle up with my girlfriend for a private first listen. The best present I could ever ask for.

But then again, I understand that some of you will still think I'm a fool -- and in most ways, you're probably right...um...er...but that's beside the point!

see?.. this guy is smart...

losing his (album) virginty... and WITH A GIRL!!!!! :hyper:

pepokiss said:
it's not that weird virginity club... that you can enter if you've heard 2 or 5 songs...

this is for people that likes to hear the album BUT prefers to wait for an actual thing to touch...

(everyone should do this): I JOIN THIS CLUB because there's nothing more exiting and closer to an orgasm than to open the package, take out the cd, placing it on the cd player, press PLAY, close your eyes and FLY!!!!

join... it's tough :wink:

Absolutly. I love that same feeling as well. Putting the cd on for the 1st time, having the cd cover book with the lyrics and all other info in my hands as I listen. I waited 4 years, I'll wait two weeks. I'll get more enjoyment out of my S.E. HTDAAB that way.

I am sorry to say this though (really only to pepokiss), but if the release date wasn't my birthday, right now I'd likely be listening to the album for about the 10th time too. Still, even with my excuse, it's going to be a tormented couple of weeks!

this is very, very hard to do, but waiting for ATYCLB was one of the better things i have ever done. i'm going to do my best to hold to it, though i might break down and listen to one of the "less brilliant" songs on the album, since the reaction on this forum is little short of orgasmic ... speaking of orgasm, this is a bit like sex, isn't it? i'm trying to be the good, respectful one and wait until i'm absolutely ready because i know that the longer i wait, the better it will be, and that's what Bono (God) wants me to do. but it's hard, so hard. temptation, everywhere! and all the cool kids have already done it and it's all they talk about, but i really want to hold my ground and be proud of being different and, no, sex won't make me cool. will it?

and now that my denial over the election has slipped into depression, i'm that much weaker, and might need bono that much more right now ... tell me, will "miracle drug" cure me of my sadness?

Irvine511 said:
and now that my denial over the election has slipped into depression, i'm that much weaker, and might need bono that much more right now ... tell me, will "miracle drug" cure me of my sadness?

Yes. So will ABOY, COBL, Crumbs. Miracle Drug is "Bad" good.

and now that my denial over the election has slipped into depression, i'm that much weaker, and might need bono that much more right now ... tell me, will "miracle drug" cure me of my sadness? [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, don't listen to MD first like I did. I was expecting a LOT, and i will admit I was a little disappointed. Now with perspective, however, I can truly appreciate MD. Yes, first listen to a song you think you won't like.

I think its to each there own basically.
But if your still not sure what to do, please like others have said don't deprive yourself...this album is the bomb!! pardon the small pun.
Its made my week, and yeah i have already preordered the limited edition and am planning to buy the normal cd and any other cds they release.
So give in sit back turn down the lights close your eyes and enjoy the magic that is U2.:drool:
:dance:

FullonEdge2 said:

Actually, don't listen to MD first like I did. I was expecting a LOT, and i will admit I was a little disappointed. Now with perspective, however, I can truly appreciate MD. Yes, first listen to a song you think you won't like. [/B][/QUOTE]

hmmmm. maybe i'll listen to COBL since i listened to the TOTP version and thought that song was pretty freaking amazing. i even gushed about it on a threat not too long ago.

still, there's this whole lapsed catholic in me that thinks a long period of denial will make the reward in the end that much sweeter.

then again, i could get hit by a car tomorrow.

:|

Irvine511 said:
still, there's this whole lapsed catholic in me that thinks a long period of denial will make the reward in the end that much sweeter.

Four years wasn't enough. Man, you're a better Catholic than me.

ramblin rose said:

Four years wasn't enough. Man, you're a better Catholic than me.

well, i'm more of a collapsed catholic and currently leaning buddhist ... i wonder if because this album has taken so long if it even really exists. maybe this is a big, cruel joke and i'll never get to hear it.

of course, the catholic in me is busy searching for my guilt and culpability in the long wait. you know, kids are starving in Africa because *you* don't eat your vegetables. that kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom