the "I JUST GOT POPMART DVD" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I finally got a chance to go out for a little while tonight (I've been off sick for about a week). I thought Barnes and Noble only had the 1 disc version, but then I found the bonus version, too. I was so happy that I paid way too much for it without thinking twice :happy:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I finally got a chance to go out for a little while tonight (I've been off sick for about a week). I thought Barnes and Noble only had the 1 disc version, but then I found the bonus version, too. I was so happy that I paid way too much for it without thinking twice :happy:

hope your feeling better , but yeah the first week of a cd/dvd release is always the best price . Really is a must have even if it's over priced . :yes:

I've just been enjoying Disc 2 in all it's glory... visual montage :drool:

A couple of things:

1. I've often wondered about this in the past. What is that thing that dances during Lemon (Perfecto Mix)??? Man? Woman? Eunuch? :huh: I know somebody else asked the same question a while back. Today I noticed an indistinguishable "package" on that person's front, down below.. okay maybe I've said too much, lol :silent:

2. The dvd set is great but wish they would've shown some footage of this awesomeness right here...

popmartgermanyposter.jpg

I finally watched POPMart DVD today; haven't seen the concert for years ever since our last remaining video player died and went to plastic heaven. It looked absolutely glorious on our new big TV and for some reason I enjoyed it so much more than in the past. I remember watching it when I first got into U2 and feeling a bit turned off by the garishness and silly costumes, but maybe spending this past year in Muse obsessedville gave me a whole new appreciation for all things ridiculous and over-the-top, :wink: Watching the concert really reminded me what a shameless and fearless performer Bono is and how Edge looks absolutely cool in anything he wears. True, Bono's voice sounded like a wounded baby bird sometimes, especially on the 80s songs, but again, it bothered me so much less than in the past. The absolute highlight for me, as ever, was the emotionally charged One which made me weepy all over again.

And... I may be 10 years behind with this, but does Bono actually sing "if you wanna kiss this guy" when he and Edge do their slashy dance during Mysterious Way? :)

Zootlesque said:
I've just been enjoying Disc 2 in all it's glory... visual montage :drool:

A couple of things:

1. I've often wondered about this in the past. What is that thing that dances during Lemon (Perfecto Mix)??? Man? Woman? Eunuch? :huh: I know somebody else asked the same question a while back. Today I noticed an indistinguishable "package" on that person's front, down below.. okay maybe I've said too much, lol :silent:

That's not a thing... :tsk:
The person dancing is fashion designer/performance artist Leigh Bowery.

And yes, the "package" is part of the performance.

Saracene said:
And... I may be 10 years behind with this, but does Bono actually sing "if you wanna kiss this guy" when he and Edge do their slashy dance during Mysterious Way? :)

:laugh: It's "if you wanna kiss the sky, better learn how to kneel"

Popmartijn said:
That's not a thing... :tsk:
The person dancing is fashion designer/performance artist Leigh Bowery.

And yes, the "package" is part of the performance.

:lmao: Thanks for the info. :reject:

Saracene said:

I know that it's how the real lyrics go, I just wondered whether, in that particular performance, Bono jokingly referenced Hendrix's infamous "Excuse me while I kiss the sky/kiss this guy", :D

Ah :wink: Now I gotta watch it again :drool:

DVD error?

hey everyone!

I just wanted to check if my DVD had an error on it.

I get this same error on my 2 DVD players (but not when I play it on my DVD-ROM drive on my computer)

On Disc 2, during the Rotterdam show, during Where the Streets have no name, when Bono is walking back to the stage singing:

" then there will be... then there will be... then... there... will... be... no time..."

around the 5:56 mark my audio cuts out for a second but the video is fine (so it's not a layer change, which Disc 2 shouldn't have anyway)

it's around the 12:37 mark if you play all (depending how your DVD lists the time, my other player says 5:56 for that song)

does anyone else have that bug or should I return my copy and get another one?! ( i don't know why my computer DVD drive can read it fine!)

thanks!

This question has probably been beaten to death by now, but is the show itself or the quality of audio/ video much better on the DVD?

I have the VHS and it looks pretty good to me.

I got the DVD of Zoo TV, and it's definitely cleaner and crisper than the VHS, but I wasn't blown away.

It's a lot nicer than the vhs, but you have to understand that we're talking late 1990s video quality. The massive colors still wash out the screen and the whole thing is fairly orange-red. Still, it's nicer than the vhs.

If nothing else, get it so that you can finally throw out that useless VCR. :huh:

Hey, someone mentioned an error while playing disc 2.

My problem is that I bought the double DVD last week, and disc 1 had all sorts of skips during the first half of the concert. Thinking it was a bad pressing, I exchanged it (at Amoeba, in Los Angeles), but the new disc has the same problems! I tried it in my computer and it plays fine, and the scond DVD seems to be ok. Anyone else having problems?! I mean. what are the odds of getting 2 bad pressings in a row?!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom