the "I JUST GOT POPMART DVD" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picked it up for 20 bucks at Best Buy! :hyper:

Cannot stop watching it! :love: The lights, the colors, the shiny silver packaging, the photos... :combust:

Please..Streets :faint:

Btw, I just watched Rotterdam Please..Streets for the first time and frankly I'm disappointed. Mexico City absolutely kills it and has it for dinner.

Mexico Please..Streets = audio visual orgasm.

Vocally, Rotterdam destroys Mexico.
Visually, I guess Mexico-oh-oh is more impressive, but I prefer Bono's more relaxed demeanour in the European show.

I got mine! at Metro Video 35$ canadian for the Deluxe version ...Love it haven't watched everything yet....But Popup Edge!! is awesome ;)
I am i happy girl :applaud: :dancing:

To see this on a movie screen would be awesome . :drool:

I wish I could crank up the sound , but my house is small and hubbys not a fan .:(

Edmonton show, though it looks like a high school audio/visual club made the video, is very good, especially Bono.

And yes, the bonus features menu is impossible to navigate.

Waiting on Amazon to ship it to me...
I've moved to Madison recently, and it is strange not to have a Best Buy in the immediate vicinity. Thus, I wait...

Got it at Best Buy and am loving it!

What a band, what an audience, what a show!

I was at the Edmonton shows the second show was actually even better then this, There is a 3 camera version of the second show floating around the internet....I wish it had more cameras but what can you do it wasnt supposed to come out as a release...The Mexico show probably has close to 30 cameras and Edmonton looks like it has 1 :)

Got it, but probably won't be able to watch it until 2008, thanks to school and work and annoying people. :sad:

PlaTheGreat said:
Got it, but probably won't be able to watch it until 2008, thanks to school and work and annoying people. :sad:
LOL awww =/
i got it too, but can't watch till this weekend.
2008 is along way to go, hon.
hang in there!
chin up =) as U2 say in Stuck, "it's just a moment, this time shall pass"
yay popmart

I'm glad to have this in my collection, but watching it I am reminded that I like a lot of their tours better than PopMart.

I do like how the camera doesn't jump around as much as in the more recent concert DVDs, though. Easier on the eyes.

:combust:

Got it yesterday, and watched the first disc through :) I haven't gotten into the second disc yet, but that'll keep me busy today, I'm sure.

The package is so shiny and awesome, and inside, it's so colourful :drool: The only complaint I'd have is that popup Edge is too fat :giggle: The extra bulk makes it hard to get the case in and out of the sleeve. As for the booklet itself, I love it. The pages are so slick, which is just makes it extra awesome, and I also love the "POP" punchout on the first page. And there are so many gorgeous pictures :drool:

And as for the concert.... sensory overload :faint: My god, it's amazing. You'd think the insane barrage of images and colours on the big screen would be off-putting, but somehow it draws you in and makes the show more intimate (or maybe I'm crazy, I don't know.) The sound was incredible, Bono's voice may not have been his very best, but the spirit of the show and the in-your-face rockout attitude more than makes up for that. I was totally rocking out to Last Night on Earth :rockon: But I think the best moment for me was Streets. I'd had a sort of rough day, but I'd been enjoying the concert thus far and that was helping. But then it got to Streets, and I was just filled with so much joy. It was amazing. It actually brought tears to my eyes, I felt that good.

I can't wait to see what goodies the second disc has in store for me :hyper:

i went to best buy yesterday and i was looking for it, couldnt find it anywhere. finally had to ask a salesperson and she had to get it for me. it wasnt even out on display yet:tsk: i bought the deluxe:D

icelle said:
i went to best buy yesterday and i was looking for it, couldnt find it anywhere. finally had to ask a salesperson and she had to get it for me. it wasnt even out on display yet:tsk: i bought the deluxe:D

This happened to me at Best Buy when I went to get the Zoo TV DVD. I made a huge scene because they weren't stocking the new release "from the biggest band in the WORLD" and the poor clueless kid who was helping me had to run to the back and find it.

:wink:

icelle said:

So I wasn't the only one this happened 2 @ Best Buy, huh? Jack-asses!

I had a tough time finding it at Best Buy too 'cause the little one near my house always puts all the new releases on their own shelf/row but no Popmart there! There were two copies hiding in with the music dvds on the other side of the store. *rollzeyes*

Also, I have to exchange it 'cause disc 1 is fucked up in the middle and Bullet won't play at all, and SATS gets skippy and SBS only played on one dvd player... :mad: On the upside, this meant I'm ripping out those gorgeous pics to put on my wall since I need a new copy and it's not like they can re-sell this one. ;D

The Edmonton version of 'One' was fucking incredible. And thats really not one of my favorite songs but it was pretty fucking special.

The Sarajevo documentary was cool also.

I really loved this tour, if i could go back i would have went to more shows.

I'm hoping they sell tons of these, may make them think that the fans actually like the Pop material and they'd play more of it live next time.

Back
Top Bottom