The 'I don't seem to like the new album' thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a bit underwhelmed by the album. Some songs sound the same and some songs sound like songs from the last 2 albums they put out. It's still pretty good though and I really love Bono's lyrics in Cedars :love:.

yeah, yeah, I know
people joined because they loved the band to bits in the 90s blah blah
hurts them so much to see what the band have become yada yada
still funny enough have nothing positive to say ever
even in threads about albums they actually supposedly love they rather use their time slating what they don't love
and of course it's all just their opinion

well, my opinion is that that's a load of bull
yes, that's my opinion
people like that are whining brats who should spend their energy on something positive
because now, to me, they come across as sad trolls
and I'm sure they care as much about my opinion as I do about theirs

HAHAHAHHA!!

PEOPLE, I IMPLORE YOU!!!!

Us "Trolls" and "Haters" finally get our own gutter on this site to bitch about the album and the rest still can't it! They have to come over here and start fights too....ROFLMAO

yeah, yeah, I know
people joined because they loved the band to bits in the 90s blah blah
hurts them so much to see what the band have become yada yada
still funny enough have nothing positive to say ever
even in threads about albums they actually supposedly love they rather use their time slating what they don't love
and of course it's all just their opinion

well, my opinion is that that's a load of bull
yes, that's my opinion
people like that are whining brats who should spend their energy on something positive
because now, to me, they come across as sad trolls
and I'm sure they care as much about my opinion as I do about theirs

Hmmmm... you're right. I need to start being a troll again (I've been called that many times) and bashing NLOTH instead of praising it. I'm obviously being way to positive. I'll go back to my trolling ways since that's why I came here.

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the album. Some songs sound the same and some songs sound like songs from the last 2 albums they put out. It's still pretty good though and I really love Bono's lyrics in Cedars :love:.

Cedars is the best one I think, but even it is all messed up with the samples and stock atmospherics that are regurgitated from Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Yeh, disappointing people are dissing it, based on probably one listen.

When I first heard Achtung Baby it was very hard going to get into, but it's an absolute masterpiece.

No Line is a seriously good piece of work, way, way better than the last two records, up there with their best work for sure, and I didn't say that about Bomb.

To say you're underwhelmed by it, is frankly ridiculous. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though.

most of the songs are rerally solid but there isn't a gem on the album, which is similar to how dig out your soul by oasis was like for me. stylistically the albums were totally different, but on both albums i enjoyed just about all of the songs, but there isn't really a single song that stands at as being incredible. Nothing on this album is even comparable to where the streets have no name, one, pride, acrobat, walk on, bad, or any of the greatest u2 songs.

I completely agree with what you said. Some of the songs are fantastic, but I don't think they stand out like other U2 greatest hits :|

I had my 6th listen just now, and I do like the album, but I just don't think this is anywhere close to being a supposedly "3rd masterpiece".

Hmmmm... you're right. I need to start being a troll again and bashing NLOTH instead of praising it. I'm obviously being way to positive.
unless I'm mistaken I replied to a statement that no one joined this forum to bash U2, not that shart1780 didn't join this forum to bash U2

but hey

HAHAHAHHA!!

Us "Trolls" and "Haters" finally get our own gutter on this site to bitch about the album and the rest still can't it! They have to come over here and start fights too....ROFLMAO

lol

you are right actualy.

I love the record but was curious what `the haters`had to say.

Well....thats enough for now. I've officially listened to the album 5 times now straight through and I still don't like it. 3 duds in a row. What a shame.

Don't you just hate it when your heroes let you down?

Peace.

unless I'm mistaken I replied to a statement that no one joined this forum to bash U2, not that shart1780 didn't join this forum to bash U2

but hey

Well, I was considered a troll by many people.

I think it's silly to imply that people would spend so much time on here simply to bash U2.

HAHAHAHHA!!

I don't have vany problem with someone disliking any U2 album
I have a problem with people with people joining a U2 fan forum when not showing any attributes of a fan
I thought my post was obvious enough :shrug:

I completely agree with what you said. Some of the songs are fantastic, but I don't think they stand out like other U2 greatest hits :|

I had my 6th listen just now, and I do like the album, but I just don't think this is anywhere close to being a supposedly "3rd masterpiece".

indeed. there is absolutely NO classic on this record. the thing that commes close is magnificent and I LOVE this song but it is o `classic`in a way hat people will rmemeber this. a shame because it rocks

the album itself however is very very good.
It is no JT OR AB or UF even but this is a very impressive record. I just realised that for this last sentence I am in the wrong threat again. :doh:

damn, this is getting confusing

Could we rename this thread ScandalCrow riles the suckers?
Stop responding to this guy if you don't agree with him.
He's obviously enjoying working you guys up.

Well....thats enough for now. I've officially listened to the album 5 times now straight through and I still don't like it. 3 duds in a row. What a shame.

Peace.

I do not envy you and I am sorry you hate it.
well, you will allways have plenty of other U2 records at least.

I am glad I like it because they were getting close to being thrown out of my appartment lol

Could we rename this thread ScandalCrow riles the suckers?
Stop responding to this guy if you don't agree with him.
He's obviously enjoying working you guys up.
unless this is actually him being level headed I would say he's more riled up than anyone else here :wink:

There are some ridiculous opinions on here.

To describe their last 2 records as a dud, is frankly stupid...ok, not masterpiece efforts, but a dud, don't be a muppet..!

I've never claimed for sometime now that U2's studio work is as good as their past work, but to describe their albums as dud is just piss poor and you know it.

:angry:

indeed. there is absolutely NO classic on this record. the thing that commes close is magnificent and I LOVE this song but it is o `classic`in a way hat people will rmemeber this. a shame because it rocks

the album itself however is very very good.
It is no JT OR AB or UF even but this is a very impressive record. I just realised that for this last sentence I am in the wrong threat again. :doh:

damn, this is getting confusing

I agree that it might not havy any standout classic U2 songs, but as an album overall I think it sticks together better than most of their albums.

I agree that it might not havy any standout classic U2 songs, but as an album overall I think it sticks together better than most of their albums.

completely agree. This is a record I take with me traveling to listen to it in full

It is quite funny to see how people can't even let a guy like ScandalCrow vent his disappointment with the album in a thread dedicated to that very same purpose, without attacking him violently and calling him a troll. Isn't it more appropriate to say that it is actually the album lovers that are trolling THIS thread?

Well there's always different types of fans... the ones that don't like anything that happens after the first album or if it's a TV show the first season... the person that likes everything... then their is the person that just likes what they like and is honest about it...

I will admit, it's hard for me to be unbiased... because it's U2. If I heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS and knew it was some band name X3 I would have given up on it as it didn't hit me right away...

I got into loving U2 when I was about 13/14... and they were on the Zoo TV Tour... so my first album as a fan was POP... so I went in already with so many great songs...

So since then, I get excited by albums, but they all feel wrong and new at first... they have to earn their place for me in the U2 catalogue... and most of the time seeing them play them live is what makes them acceptable to me.

Now with this new album, I feel a lot more protective of the last album...

It's very funny. And I would never put this much thought or time into debating it in my own head and with others, if I didn't fall in love with U2 now almost 16 years ago...

It is quite funny to see how people can't even let a guy like ScandalCrow vent his disappointment with the album in a thread dedicated to that very same purpose, without attacking him violently and calling him a troll. Isn't it more appropriate to say that it is actually the album lovers that are trolling THIS thread?

the people who love it should be glad. the people who hate are let down and they need support and counseling not bashing :up:

:wink:

Ok scandal i'll explain why you are an asshat

"you are like a self hating gay" this is what i said about you

First off the phrase has nothing to do with you being gay, or gay people in general, anyone who knows what a figure of speach is will understand this.

what does it mean to anyone smart enough to get the point?

You mentioned Holy Joe (amoungst other less known references), now thats an obscure song, which mean at some point you were way into the band, ur average fan won't know anything about HJ, but you do. So now you're here being antagonistic, and repetitively- towards people just sharing opinions. You've already been cited as only being here to see if we happy lap up anything U2 pisses out, and to find out if we all just want to blow bono. The majority of the other threads you've decided to opt-in on are decidedly looking to find fault with U2 anywhere possible. As a kicker, you (obviously as an indication of your endless witt) have chosen the goofiest picture of bono to rep yourself with.

So this makes you LIKE a "self hating gay" because you're clearly way into the band but when it comes to a public proclimation all you can do is hate and hate and hate on. that's the comparisim i drew and anyone with half a brain following the last 5 pages of this non-sense can see this clearly.

PS, no i will not break this down into pictures, and the web is full of good dictionaries.

there you made me type, hardy har

ah my bad
I missed the part where he expressed disappointment

Peace.
i feel the same exact way.

I am actually annoyed that I don't like the album immediately like other U2 albums. So my own hatred towards the album is not something I actually want to keep feeding. I am trying to like it, and feel I eventually will but I just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel you know?

I am actually starting think something must be wrong with me. :|

I am actually annoyed that I don't like the album immediately like other U2 albums. So my own hatred towards the album is not something I actually want to keep feeding. I am trying to like it, and feel I eventually will but I just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel you know?

Im headed down this path as well. Its not pretty, I might have to call my therapist. /head splits open

Ok scandal i'll explain why you are an asshat

"you are like a self hating gay" this is what i said about you

First off the phrase has nothing to do with you being gay, or gay people in general, anyone who knows what a figure of speach is will understand this.

It's just a stupid thing to say. 'Figure of speech,' perhaps, but it's also a stereotype and a cliché.

Nah, often the very best albums are the ones that take a while to seep in. It's actually refreshing that not everyone likes it immediately.

Can't please everyone but for me this is my 2nd favorite U2 album just behind Achtung Baby but I have never expected U2 to out do Achtung.

I'm a very happy man:hyper:

Back
Top Bottom