The Hindu Times...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gcat

The Fly
I really reccoment all you guys check out the new oasis single cos its ace!!
the new song, labelled the hindu times is doing great all over the world on the radio stations, official release is april 15.
as a huge oasis fan I think its safe to say that Oasis is back!! the new album, rumored to be called heathen chemistry is looking really good, the band has cleaned up and replaced the bassist and guitarist(lead) with Gem Archer and Andy bell.
Anyways do yourself a favor and d/l the new song
if you need any info email me @ raffclub@hotmail.com
cheers

confused.gif

Just a friendly suggestion...there is a another forum at this site called "Lemonade Stand" where we post about non-U2 things like music we're listening to, movies we're watching, etc.
smile.gif
Just in case you didn't know.

Thanks for the free promotion, mate! Yeah, great stuff, we're all proud of it, really a top fookin' song. 'Course you still gotta get up off yer arse and buy it! Damn kids and their computers getting music for free. How oh how am I supposed to buy me wife's jewelry with you all getting the music for free?

Lemonade, eh? More of a citron vodka man myself. Keep up the good work, folks. Must find myself some in the near future.

P.S. We're on TOTP Friday. Watch is to see a fookin proper rock and roll band. Yeah, thats us, not some other shite.

------------------
Reporter: Can you sum up Oasis in one word?
Me: ME!

ahhh how I wish I could meet noel...
I would have loved U2 to tour with oasis 2 best bands in the world toghether... thats the stuff dreams are made of
btw if you want the studio version I have it
its much better than the live one
great tune

Just downloaded it and I can't wait for the album itself. Heathen Chemistry is a great album title, hope the album lives up to the title. I'm surprised there isn't a solo of some sort in Hindu Times (mebbe a little disappointed) but there is a lot of going on in the background of the song musically from what it sounded like so I can't wait to get the CD.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

[This message has been edited by Flying FuManchu (edited 03-14-2002).]

Oh My Gawd! Now I have to listen to Hindu Times, uptill now I was sick of reading it.

------------------
In this Ozland

I think the concert version I heard was pretty catchy. Sort of wonder what the studio version is like.

It would have been cool if both U2 and Oasis did tour. Oasis is an underrated band (in America at least) and it would have been cool if they could have gotten a support slot for an Ameican tour. Maybe next year?

Did that U2-ify this thread?

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

[This message has been edited by Flying FuManchu (edited 03-14-2002).]

The hindu times is a newspaper, Noel saw a fan wearing a tshirt with the Hindu times labelled on the front during the brotherly love tour, and it caught his eye
the cd version will have a drup loop, as well as some strings in the intro, furthermore oasis has really cleaned themselves up and it looks like this album will be a hit. the old oasis track 'force of nature' will also be re-recorded and put on the album.. thats another quality tune that I reccomend you check out, the old version is floating around on the net... GO OASIS!!

I didn't like "Forces of Nature" as much... Sure a good melody but they needed to work on the lyrics a little more (which tends to be an issue with the boyz on some songs)... too much electronic sprinkle, but I'll wait and see if its better. Now I'm getting hyped. I sort of wonder if Bono has influenced some of Noel G.'s song writing b/c the last two studio albums, although good were starting to suffer a little in terms of lyrical themes... "Hindu Times" sounds like old Oasis lyrically but its sort of the intro song or the hook to get people into buying the album and not be afraid that Oasis went Radiohead and got rid of their sound completely...

------------------

if you want to get an idea of the direction the sound is taking I have some demos from sotsog that are going to be reworked and put on the new record... you may have heard them

solve my mystery and its a crime
if you want to get your hands on them I'd be glad to supply you
cheers mate

btw I might add that the new tunes are sounding ever more like classic oasis sprinkled with a harder edge rock style.. most impressive stuff I've heeard since whats the story(morning glory)

I'm sure this new album will be a hit
richard ashcroft has gone as far as saying that this album will put oasis back on top of the rock industry, where they rightly belong

Yeah Ashcroft saying that does help even though they are good buddies and such... I'll probably read the usual NME, Q, etc. pre-review hoopla to also get an idea of what the album is going to be like.

I'm interested about Gem and Bell's input and would like to hear their "famed" guitar work on display in this album. I find it funny that Bell is considered the better guitarist of the two and is the bassist, LOL. Sort of like REM with Mills being the better player then Buck.

Thanks Gcat. Yeah I've heard "Solve My Mystery"... even got it on my hard drive. Nice song and I love the Let it Be-esque solo. I wouldn't mind seeing what they do with that song too. I think the lyrics are pretty strong just need to be tweaked mebbe (my subjective opinion).

I stopped thinking about getting the rest of the demos b/c they are just demos and I do want to be surprised a little more when I get the album. For example, I think listening to the Weezer demos for their new album has spoiled some of the experience of gettng their new album. Don't want to do that to Oasis. Heck, I'm thinking the next time U2 puts an album out, I might avoid listening to any of the tracks that are leaked (a big "maybe" for me). I think I found more excitement listening to it on the computer through the leaked songs then shelling out the money and listening to the album. Sad but true. Don't want ot experience that.

------------------

I think the new Oasis single is rather weak.
Seems like they can't write great songs like Wonderwall etc. anymore. I'm disappointed
frown.gif

well thats ur opinion mate.. good enough for me
but hindu times was not drafted to be the hit single, rather the attention grabber, the hook if you will

Hm, let's wait. Hindu Times is OK. I hope the album will rawk like DM and WTSMG. SOTSOG was pretty disappointing.

------------------
Take the money and run

since this thread has developed into an Oasis discussion thread - that could keep going& going & going - I'll move this one to Lemonade Stand

smile.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom