The Heartland appreciation thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, I like the inclusion of Smile in there. Interesting seeing Gone in there too. Is it the live performences that does it for you?

Here's my 15 -

1 Heartland
2 Lemon
3 Kite
4 Mofo
5 One
6 Acrobat
7 Streets (Boston 2001)
8 Mercy
9 Stay
10 Sometimes...
11 Miss Sarajevo
12 The Hands that Built America
13 Spanish Eyes
14 Two Shots of Happy...
15 Jesus Christ

Aardvark747 said:
Nice, I like the inclusion of Smile in there. Interesting seeing Gone in there too. Is it the live performences that does it for you?

Here's my 15 -

1 Heartland
2 Lemon
3 Kite
4 Mofo
5 One
6 Acrobat
7 Streets (Boston 2001)
8 Mercy
9 Stay
10 Sometimes...
11 Miss Sarajevo
12 The Hands that Built America
13 Spanish Eyes
14 Two Shots of Happy...
15 Jesus Christ

:up: Good list! Interesting to see Hands in there, considering the flak it cops on this forum. Personally, I really like it, though evidently not nearly as much as you.

Gone is the Best Of Mix. It's one of the three songs that hooked me in and turned me from a lifelong casual fan into a total fanatic. I got the Best Of 1990-2000 in 2002, and after repeating Gone again and again and again, I realised I needed to get every U2 album (I only had a couple then). A friend of my mother gave me the UABRS and RAH videos at that time, and after seeing 11 O'clock Tick Tock and Bad, not only did I know that I needed every album, I needed absolutely EVERYTHING U2 had made. Albums, live videos, bootlegs, the works.

:laugh:

Actually - I dont know which thread I have the strongest love for! Even tho 'Piss Thread' is my own baby - I think i'd have to take this one over it, purely cos there are gonna be bad (and smelly) memories forever associated with that one!:wink:

boystupidboy said:
Adam'sbaby said:

Talking about how great Heartland is, is way more interesting to me than talking about piss
Sorry to disagree but the now legendary 'pissed in my shop' thread pisses all over this 'heartland' thread.

Heartland pisses all over any thread. :wink:

Aardvark747 said:
:laugh:

Actually - I dont know which thread I have the strongest love for! Even tho 'Piss Thread' is my own baby - I think i'd have to take this one over it, purely cos there are gonna be bad (and smelly) memories forever associated with that one!:wink:

I can imagine you'd rather want to be associated with the wonderful Heartland than with piss stains.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom