The Hands That Built America Appreciation...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I've never understood why this song isn't celebrated more. I've always thought both this and Electrical Storm should have been saved for Bomb, seeing as how they're, imo, better than anything on Bomb.

This song is just gorgeous. Especially the second of half of the song, with the strings, and 'of all of the promises/is this one we could keep/of all of the dreams/is this one out of reach' and the 'operatic' part. Everyone is at the top of their game.

Just brilliant.

I wish they'd put out a record just of songs like this and The Ground Beneath Her Feet and Stateless and the like....it would have been the natural evolution/progression, imo, after they put out songs like If You Wear That Velvet Dress, Two Shots Of Happy One Shot Of Sad, North And South Of the River, Please, etc.

The Hands That Built America :drool:

"..diggin in our pockets for a reason not to say good-bye" - very nice lyric...im not a fan of the music though bono's vocals were great.

Great song, I specially like the Gangs of New York Version. I really like this song since it was released, I just don´t hear it very often anymore.

Av always liked the song. I think i am more open minded to u2 songs then many. Its not all about groundbreaking guitar sounds, booming bass and drums

I always liked this better than ES, especially the Orbit version on the 90's Best of.

I like it, maybe not better than ES, but still like it.

"Innocence dragged across a yellow line"....I like that lyric, in a sad/depressing way.

Very nice song and unfairly criticised I think. As someone said, I agree that it's better than most if not everything on HTDAAB. Not as good as my fave songs from the 00's The Ground Beneath Her Feet and Electrical Storm.

gman said:
Av always liked the song. I think i am more open minded to u2 songs then many. Its not all about groundbreaking guitar sounds, booming bass and drums
Another great quote from the Gman.

Love this song. I find it very moving, and I really like Bono's opera bit.

i enjoy it a lot. does anyone know if the version that is actually in the movie is the version on the movie soundtrack? because it's different than the best of.... i enjoy that one too, but i have to put on the movie to hear it. that's lame.

Back
Top Bottom