The guy who dressed as McPhisto at the Vancouver show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
I know that this was a long time ago when U2 played during the Elevation show in Vancouver.

There was a guy in the audience who looked EXACTLY like Bono dressed as McPhisto. He had the facial features of BONO.

I was too shy to say anything but I really want to know who that guy was 'cause he had a really cool costume.

I remember him being inside the heart.

At POPmart, St Louis 11-97, Bono pulled a guy on stage who was dressed in full Macphisto costume and they sort of squared off with each other as if it were a bullfight.

Then they switched costumes with each other as the song progressed (believe it was Bullet). Bono put the horns back on and sang and danced around.

I have to say it was fucking mind blowingly cool.

Hey isabelle_guns
I was that guy at the Vancouver show. I haven't spent any time on these boards for a very long time, but I'm back now. My friend made me the suit and I wore it to 3 shows on that tour. In Portland I met Bono and Adam and they were great. In Vancouver I got a few pictures with Paul McGuinness after He approached me. I did end up going to one of the final shows in L.A after they came back but the suit was way too hot so I left it at the Hotel. Thanks for making me think of those times, it almost feels like a lifetime ago.

MISTER MACPHISTO said:
Hey isabelle_guns
I was that guy at the Vancouver show. I haven't spent any time on these boards for a very long time, but I'm back now. My friend made me the suit and I wore it to 3 shows on that tour. In Portland I met Bono and Adam and they were great. In Vancouver I got a few pictures with Paul McGuinness after He approached me. I did end up going to one of the final shows in L.A after they came back but the suit was way too hot so I left it at the Hotel. Thanks for making me think of those times, it almost feels like a lifetime ago.

It is so nice to meet you and it had been bugging me for years now as to who it was. I am sorry I didn't say hi. In fact the day after the show, I submitted a "I saw you" ad in the Georgia Straight but got no response :( Are you from Vancouver if you do not mind me asking.

I live in the Fraser Valley due to work reasons but take off every chance I get. I met sooooo many people while wearing that outfit, I only wish that I could get one made using the bubble material that Bono used during Popmart.

I know that this sounds completely odd but ever since two years ago, I have always wanted to meet you and get a picture taken with you dressed as McPhisto and I know that this is a really really odd request but I am working on a U2 'zine scrap book of the show in Vancouver (I too met Bono that day and wanted to document that in 'zine form) and I was wondering if I could get a picture of you and I. I know we can't go back in time and the best is to replicate that day if you still have the outfit. It would mean more to me than you think.

Hey isabelle_guns.
I still do have the suit but I lost the horns. I don't have much free time but I would love to help you out with your little project.
Email me and we can "talk"
the-fly@shaw.ca

Back
Top Bottom