The greatest song ever recorded.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rjhbonovox said:

Yep true but, I think that the live versions of Little Wing were far superior to the studio version. An even better song than Little Wing would be Bold As Love from the studio album Axis:Bold As Love, absolute superb playout guitar sends a shiver down my spine.:wink:

True:wink: I also have a Crosstown Traffic fixation aswell right now, but I think I have to stop myself before I try to turn this thread into a Hendrix fan love in:wink:

Yes, that's definitely quite enough Hendrix lovin' for this thread.

Most definitely. :|

Castles Made of Sand is bloody brilliant

XHendrix24 said:
Yes, that's definitely quite enough Hendrix lovin' for this thread.

Most definitely. :|

:drool: :drool: :drool:

XHendrix24 said:

"Castles Made of Sand" is the beginning of rap. "Hey Joe" is the beginning of gangsta. Hendrix is more than a great guitarist.

Layton said:

"Castles Made of Sand" is the beginning of rap. "Hey Joe" is the beginning of gangsta. Hendrix is more than a great guitarist.

Hendrix was a fantastic songwriter as well. Also if there are Hendrix fans out there just to say my favourite recordings of his were the live version of Are You Experienced recorded at Winterland released on the Concerts album, that is spinetingling stupendous tortured stratocaster absolutely amazing sound.....also from same album and recorded at Berkeley Hey Joe live, another absolute fantastic version of one of his songs live, beautiful is an understatement for this version........and as I said before the studio version of Voodoo Chile, which is the greatest example of Electric guitar playing that was ever laid down on tape! Just wanted to say that! Sorry I hijacked the thread!:wink:

Speaking of Hendrix, I just read an article in the paper that said Jimi actually claimed he was GAY to avoid the army. It said he talked to his commander and told him that he was falling in love with one of his recruits, and that he had become addicted to masterbating. I'm not sure if it's true but when I read it I thought 'wow, well, that does sound like Jimi...' :lol:

The funniest part about all of the worship of One on interference is as follows: None of my friends who aren't U2 fans have even heard the song. When I ask them what they think of the song, I get blank stares. Then I am told that Sunday Bloody Sunday and Where The Streets Have No Name and With Or Without You are great songs. And no. I will not wear a tin hat. Throw rocks all you want. The fact remains the same.

Theedge070 said:
Speaking of Hendrix, I just read an article in the paper that said Jimi actually claimed he was GAY to avoid the army. It said he talked to his commander and told him that he was falling in love with one of his recruits, and that he had become addicted to masterbating. I'm not sure if it's true but when I read it I thought 'wow, well, that does sound like Jimi...' :lol:

Yes he did pretend to be gay to esacpae the army, I find Jimi's genius was not limited to the musical arena:wink:

shaun vox said:
ONE studio version!!!!

too bad it does not sound good live but the album version is fucking mind blowing!!!

I'm sorry that your hearing aid is malfunctioning during the concerts. It must suck after paying all that $$ for a ticket and not being able to hear the show. Because if you did listen to the concert or see/hear any concert video or audio, then it would be impossible for you to ever write such a thing.

The Sydney "One" is one of the best performances ever - that show also contained a brilliant performance of "Mysterious Ways". The extra verses and guitar work make those songs really stand out when compared to the album.

SYCMIOYO is one of my favorite U2 songs.

I can't really decide on my favorite U2 song, but I always liked Acrobat and Kite a lot.

Back
Top Bottom