The goodness of Electrical Storm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edge, are the band EVER going to play Acrobat? I think it's time to end this speculation.

:up:

This is great news to hear! I said some time ago that I wanted to hear this one live. It is a BIG ARENA song! I hope the other "three legs" will see that this a must for the next tour.

Oh baby, the Edge spoke on my thread! heheh

I am glad to hear his responses to Electrical Storm queries. I can't wait to shake my groove thang to it (i'm not gay).

Phalanx said:
Are all the songs off the new LP playable?

I should hope so. They wont all be played. Some lend themselves to the stage more than others. 'Vertigo' begs to open the LP as well as the live show!

If I grew 12 fingers and 12 toes...that would help

Yes, I'd agree that ES wouldn't fit too well in the new recording!

It would be very cool to feel it played live...heck, I will be very psyched to finally hear *any* of your work played live...been listening forever but plan on being a U2 concert virgin this time 'round!

cheers...

Tombola said:
Edge, are the band EVER going to play Acrobat? I think it's time to end this speculation.

There is no plan to. But, then again you just never know. I dont think so.....at this point

Edge, as I am watching you post I have to say that it is really cool of you to come here and visit with us. You don't see that from most bands, and I think is awesome! Forgive us for all the questions, but thank you again for visiting with us!

Waterman981 said:
Edge, as I am watching you post I have to say that it is really cool of you to come here and visit with us. You don't see that from most bands, and I think is awesome! Forgive us for all the questions, but thank you again for visiting with us!

I am not busy at the moment and I thought this may be a good way to "sneak in"

'Vertigo' begs to open the LP as well as the live show!

goodness, "Vertigo' is begging me to listen to it all day long...

It just passed the 8- and 4-year-old listening in the back of the car test too, I was planning on sharing with Interference.

sorry to spit that out here, but I couldn't resist...

cheers!

ShellBeThere said:

goodness, "Vertigo' is begging me to listen to it all day long...

Same here. It's a very intoxicating song. I guess maybe because we got the short version after listening to it I always feel like listening to it again. Would be a great opener! :up:

The Edge, if I could ask, has it been answered yet if you are hitting stadiums or arenas in North America?

ps- hit Vancouver,BC at least twice this time! :D

Last edited:
TheBrazilianFly said:

Same here. It's a very intoxicating song. I guess maybe because we got the short version after listening to it I always feel like listening to it again. Would be a great opener! :up:

I agree... It is all I have listened to since Thursday. Over 100 times and counting.

Edge, question on Vertigo. I hear a high pitched noise during the song (the leaked Valencia version very noticeable at about 2:45). Is it part of the song, or just garbage on that leak?

Well this thread certainly went off track once The Edge popped in.

I'd suggest that if you have questions you ask them the proper way, in all honesty. They probably have a greater likelihood of being answered.

bammo2 said:
I'd be happy to hear U2 play anything right now......the theme tune from Dangermouse.....bob the builder......anything!

but Acrobat would be pretty exciting (understatement of the century)..... :combust::combust::combust:

Ah well I can but dream :D

For some reason I just got an image of the guys playing the song from Underdog and cracked up. Now I have to clean my screen. :lol:

Phalanx said:
That high pitched part sounds like a synthesizer.

I'm just not sure what it is. It sounds different on different speakers of course, but with the setup in my car it is a painful peircing noise, which is why I wonder.

I haven't bought the iTunes version as I am opposed to current versions of DRM. So I may be stuck until Nov 9th when the single hits stores to find out.

Yeah, sure, *now* I have an actual Electrical Storm related question!

Which record would The Edge (or others) say ES does fit in with?
ATYCLB?
I know, hopelessly naive, but thread-relevant...

Back
Top Bottom