the Goal is Soul

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thelaj

Refugee
* the Goal is Soul

This is one of my favourite "U2 slogans" and I'm interested in knowing where it originates. Does it have anything to do with the "the goal is soul" ending of Beautiful Day?

Additionally, has anyone got a large (or even medium sized) picture of the logo - ie the one Bono has on his green guitar.

Thanks!

--------------------------------------
Love: The Secret is Letting Go

These are the best pictures I have.

Elevationnoshades.jpg

bonogreenguitar2.jpg

Excellent...Bono looks thinner on that last photo no?

I am looking for something I could crop to about 200x200 for my mobile phone and msn display? Kind of like an avatar.
Failing that, could anybody suggest what font that is?

Thanks Becky :)

^Does anyone know who is in the photo on Bono's guitar strap above? :wink:

I believe it is either some asian boy who was involved in a human rights issue? Either that or the kid off war&boy&BO8090

The woman pictured on the button is definitely Aung San Suu Kyi, who has been improsoned by the military rulers of Myanmar (Burma) for many years. And yes, she was the inspriation for "Walk On".

Great pictures!

Love that green Gretsch! As for the Goal is Soul, that ranks up there as one of my favorite Bono lines, love when he does it on the Elevation DVD! Shortly after the Elevation tour I took the step, which I could regret one day, and got a star tattood on my back, with soul written in it, the premise for this of course, coming from the star on Bono's jacket throughout Elevation tour, and Bono's "The goal is soul" I like it now....lets hope it continues to be something I like....
~Alana

Back
Top Bottom