The GA Ticket Hijack of 2001

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pub crawler

New Yorker
Who here remembers that night in September of 2001 when an Interferencer called "murlio" came on the board in the middle of the night -- the night BEFORE tickets were to go on sale for the Vegas show -- and said that GA's were available online something like 9 hours before they were supposed to be?

I was unfortunately not on line at the time but several people here got GA's during the wee hours.

Ah, the memories......

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56149

The first person in that thread that I recognized as an currently active user was on the second page (LarryMullen's_POPAngel)

That was brilliant - I even found the link to my old trading web site! I still have no idea why I just happend to come to this site at that time of night - But Im glad did.
See you in a week for a few pints Pub.

bcrt2000 said:
The first person in that thread that I recognized as an currently active user was on the second page (LarryMullen's_POPAngel)

Calluna still posts here as well. She's the one who's always posting that I'm a complete stud. :wink:

:laugh:

Diemen is still around these parts, too, now and then.. probably even mroe frequently than am I. Ah those were the good old days..

I met murlio in SLC.He sold GA tickets to cmb737 and myself for the show. He was a great guy. In fact, we did our transaction through the mail, but my ticket failed to arrive before I left for SLC. I called him just before I was supposed to leave and he explained that his boss gave him a couple of extra GAs for SLC and asked if I want one of them. He sold it to me for half price because of the delay in getting my other ticket which was not his fault. Like I said, great guy. He was at the rail in front of the stage for that show.

bcrt2000 said:

Cow of the Seas is deathbear.

Like Martha said, this thread is a blast from the past for us old timers! Ah, old friends, names and memories *sigh* nostalgia!

I totally remember that. That is the only reason I was able to get GA's to that show :drool:

lol @ the official pop whore of interference :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom