the g8 concert live stream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silvrlvr

Refugee
According to U2.com, the G8 concert live stream will be here:

http://musik.aol.de/G8/?ttp=PRO/?pl.../?ttp=PRO/?platform=P8Kl&pid=Redirect&dpt=AM>

The website says it starts at 2:30 p.m. Central European Time (8:30 a.m. ET) with Bono to go on at 7:38 p.m., which would be 1:30 p.m. NY time. Of course, when is Bono on time anywhere?

There's no mention of the Brangelina/Bono appearance and no mention of whether The Edge or anyone else is coming with Bono.

Youssou N'Dour is on at 6:36 p.m./12:36 p.m. and I wonder if either of them would sit in with him.

thanks for the link! Don't know if I'll be around for it...

776154893_1179217015982.jpg

a mod of the forum of u2tour.de mentioned in the concert-thread that edge + dallas were already seen...

for those who suck in timezones, 7.38 pm is in 2 hrs and 45 minutes :)

hope I finished dinner so I can watch this, but I'm afraid we'll start eating around that time :(

hmm jen's still up and wondering if she can make 2hrs 45 mins.........
age old struggle of the u2 fan - work in the morning vs u2.
hey GG - GO HUNGRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame I have plans tomorrow, otherwise I'd stay up for this. But it's already 1am and I need sleep.

If I had any confidence Bono would appear and perform something I'd really like, I'd stay up anyway. But I don't see One Tree Hill or 11 O'clock Tick Tock being performed all of a sudden.

My bet: long-winded Bono speech, One with Edge and some random guest, more rambling.

I've got my thing scheduled to record from 12:38 my time until 3:00 hopefully that'll be enough time, I've got to go to work :(

According to the setlist, Bono is to perform with Herbert Gronemeyer, the German singer and activist. I've tried the link and it works but we have another hour to go.

Live stream seems to be having technical difficulties although somehow all the ads are working fine.

(Oceans 11 and 12 in a double-pack for only 9.99 Euros...City of Angels on DVD for only 2.99 Euros...but that's not why we're here!)

yes, unfortunately it is down.
but the german tv station ard is now on for about 1,5 h. "Die Fantastischen 4" are just on stage.

Edge and Bono will play Streets, according to AOL...

"Our friends at AOL Germany tipped us off to a surprise addition to the 'Voices Against Poverty' concert today in Rostock, Germany. The Edge is set to join Bono onstage to perform U2's protest-song classic 'Sunday Bloody Sunday.' Led by Bob Geldof, the concert aims to raise awareness of world poverty amid the G8 summit, currently being held in nearby Heiligendamm."

:lol: "An old English folk song" - All You Need Is Love

So is there a time known when Bono/Edge will actually come out? Or is it just keep watching til they hopefully show up?

catlhere said:
:lol: "An old English folk song" - All You Need Is Love

So is there a time known when Bono/Edge will actually come out? Or is it just keep watching til they hopefully show up?

hould be in 30 minutes!

Technical problems again! :scream:

Is that a Gretsch Irish Falcon (green Bono version) I spy there next to the keyboard guy??

:crack: it keeps going down! I hope this is gone once Bono and Edge are on!

Looks like a Gretsch Irish Falcon to me. Do you hear people yelling, "Bono"? I wonder if he's in the wings watching and they can see him.

silvrlvr said:
Looks like a Gretsch Irish Falcon to me. Do you hear people yelling, "Bono"? I wonder if he's in the wings watching and they can see him.

only odd part is that it doesn't have The Goal Is Soul on it... but then again, could be one without it :hmm:

:crack: it's driving me nuts now! Es wird geladen! ja laden schneller bitte!

argh technical problems again!

Bono is on now with the African singer and Bob on guitar! :tsk: and he's reading off the autocue again

Back
Top Bottom