The funny element of U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hanover

The Fly
New album on the way...soon...46664 Concert at the weekend...busy, busy, busy - the stress of living in the shadow of U2 is almost unbearable! So lets lighten things up a little!

Any funny or humourous quotes or stories from U2 or for that matter even photos of U2, perhaps ones that were captured without the Band or any member thereof posing for the camera please post here. Despite being the world's greatest rock-group...U2 are human and like the rest of us are prone to human failings..(I THINK!!) So let's get posting all.

I've always thought this one is funny..

3393263923232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E77%3A%3E43%3B%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232398879465nu0mrj

MrsSpringsteen said:
I've always thought this one is funny..

3393263923232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E77%3A%3E43%3B%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232398879465nu0mrj

Is Edge going to hit that lady? :eeklaugh:

The funniest U2 moment for me will always be Larry and Edge dancing on the AB video. I would have never imagined them, especially Larry, doing something like that... :lol:

I think the "Numb" and "Stuck In A Moment (football version)" videos are both very funny. There are also wonderful bits during the Slane DVD, like when Bono is talking about his dad and Edge's dad and you see Edge laughing at the memory. And the infamous beach ball. :laugh:

Sue DeNym said:
I think the "Numb" and "Stuck In A Moment (football version)" videos are both very funny. There are also wonderful bits during the Slane DVD, like when Bono is talking about his dad and Edge's dad and you see Edge laughing at the memory. And the infamous beach ball. :laugh:

I love the beach ball part :lmao:

:bono: - "Oh look Edge, a beach ball." :D

The part of R&H in Sun Studios when Larry gets an itchy foot always makes me laugh...

:bono:: If I had feet like that, Lawrence, I wouldn't want them in the film
:larry:: If I had a head like yours, I'd bleedin' bury it!

:lol:

And in the UF documentary... "Hi fans!!" and Edge trying to spell Lardence (I think it was Edge...). Haha... Discotheque gets me, too... especially the boom cha dance :laugh: Oh yeah, and the the part in R&H when Larry is mimicking Adam with all the little hand gestures and stuff :cute:

I was going to post that animated gif of Adam sneezing while he's on a couch with Edge, but it's not on this computer :( Does anyone have it?

Last edited:
U2girl02 said:

I was going to post that animated gif of Adam sneezing while he's on a couch with Edge, but it's not on this computer :( Does anyone have it?

Props to whoever made this!

adamsneeze.gif

Then there was this...I forgot about making this...

336%3C376723232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E23233854735%3B%3Bot1lsi

Here's a good one!

Sometime during the late 1980?s, The Edge was asked to autograph a guitar to be presented to The Hard Rock Caf?. The Edge agreed to do so. One day, in 1988, New York, The Edge decided to go to The Hard Rock Caf?. He went to the front along with Bono and a guitar. There was a long line; and a doorman. The doorman told The Edge he would have to stand in line with everyone else. Edge replied," I?m The Edge. I?d like to get in." The doorman stood his ground. "You?ll stand in line like everybody else," he said. Rebuked, The Edge started to leave the caf?. Bono grabbed the guitar and said, " I?ll sign it." He did so on the spot, with a red felt pen, and the autograph, now dimmed by time, reads "Bono, 88". When the guitar was presented to the Hard Rock Caf?, the caf?s representative declined it on the ground that it was not signed by the Edge!

Also Slane, with the beach ball, during All I Want is You, when thay guy throws beer at Bono (both quotes are in my signature :D), and during New Year's Day, where Bono gets hit with toilet paper....lol

Axver said:
When is "Look Edge, it's a beach ball" on Slane?

Right after Desire, before Staring at the Sun

"Now there's faith."

Also, at the end of Desire, it's pretty cool when Larry throws his drumstick.

Ah, so that's where it is? Thanks! That's the one part of Slane I haven't watched - both times I've watched the whole thing, I've skipped through the acoustic set. But I shall watch it later today.

U2girl02 said:
Oh yeah, and the the part in R&H when Larry is mimicking Adam with all the little hand gestures and stuff :cute:

:yes:.

I saw the video for "Spanish Eyes" last night-I like the part where Bono's holding that basketball and the microphone falls out of the mic stand and Bono just looks at it like, "Uh...okay..." :laugh:.

And LOL at the Hard Rock Cafe story!

Angela

I find some of U2's lesser fans funny. The way they get all so defensive when the band or its individual members are criticized. Then these "fans" take things personally and get mad. It's all so funny. As for U2 being funny, I think the POP album was a joke not most people got - hence the violent reactions from both POP haters and POP lovers - they just didn't get the joke.

Cheers,

J

Hanover said:
New album on the way...soon...46664 Concert at the weekend...busy, busy, busy - the stress of living in the shadow of U2 is almost unbearable! So lets lighten things up a little!

Any funny or humourous quotes or stories from U2 or for that matter even photos of U2, perhaps ones that were captured without the Band or any member thereof posing for the camera please post here. Despite being the world's greatest rock-group...U2 are human and like the rest of us are prone to human failings..(I THINK!!) So let's get posting all.

So Hanover, were you able to get to see the band when you went to Dublin? You have to share your story! New album on the way soon? Do you know anything that we don't?

Hmmm. funny stories.
The Slane DVD is just full of them... my favorite has to be the toilet paper incident in New Years Day. :yes:

Just watched the beach ball scene in the Slane DVD ... hee, that's great!

I really like the R+H interview when Larry is making gestures and Edge notices and tries not to crack up and then smacks Larry on the leg.

The "It's a musical Journey." Line cracks me up

Phil Joanou-What's this film about?
:edge: It's about music...I hope...at least thats what ya said it was gonna be about!"

I think the guys are pretty funny and although I have no first hand proof of this I have heard that despite his being cranky sometimes that larry is a major practical joker.

The stories mentioned are great!

I too love the R&H scenes (the Larry thing at the beggining of Angel of Harlem always gives me a laugh, as does the "musical journey sequence") and, like most others, the classic Slane moments "Oh look Edge, a beach-ball" and the toilet roll incident. :heart:

jick said:
I find some of U2's lesser fans funny. The way they get all so defensive when the band or its individual members are criticized. Then these "fans" take things personally and get mad. It's all so funny.
Cheers,
J

Lesser fans. That's funny jick. Isn't jick funny. :lmao:
jick said:
The way they get all so defensive when the band or its individual members are criticized. Then these "fans" take things personally and get mad. J [/B]

Actually they get it jick, but maybe jick doesn't get it, :hmm: therefore that makes it even funnier. :laugh:

See sig...

Last edited:
TiaraGurl said:
I think the guys are pretty funny and although I have no first hand proof of this I have heard that despite his being cranky sometimes that larry is a major practical joker.

I can see that being true about Larry. :yes:. I can just imagine him pulling some big prank and trying hard not to laugh as the person he pranked gives him a look. :).

Originally posted by Northeast
"DAMMIT...I SAID GIVE ME A HIGH FIVE!"

:laugh:!

Angela

sue4u2 said:
Lesser fans. That's funny jick. Isn't jick funny. :lmao:

Yep, he's funny, like the stomach flu. Just a rip-roaring belly laugh. :barf:

sue4u2 said:
Actually they get it jick, but maybe jick doesn't get it, :hmm: therefore that makes it even funnier. :laugh:

Yeah, a guy who claims to be a fan, who always posts negative and insulting things about the band and never posts anything positive or enlightening, then wonders why nobody appreciates his posts...yeah, that is pretty funny. :laugh:

Adam flicking rubber bands at Bill Flanagan. Flashing his chest on U.F. documentary.

Larry messing with limo t.v.

Yup, discotheque video!

Back
Top Bottom