the funniest face in the world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
watch ZooTV from Sydney. Watch streets. Bono's standing there, at the front of the stage, he turns to the camera, and he scratches the back of his head and he makes this face which leaves me in absolute stitches.....I mean COME ON!!!!!!

heeheeheeheeheeheeheehee

That and the moment that adam just about jumps out of his skin when the cannons go off...classic.

Does anyone else find that facial expression really funny?

------------------
I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me.

we've established that
rolleyes.gif

why do you insist on messin' w/ my posts? :p

Originally posted by popkidu2:
we've established that
rolleyes.gif

why do you insist on messin' w/ my posts? :p

Umm, just a coincidence....I'm an equal opportunity messer.

CK

In the It's Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) video, I think during the second (maybe the first) chorus (they're singing deck the halls, but it's not like Christmas at all) Bono goes over to edge and shares a mic. Edge gives him the hugest crusty, bono walks away laughing, and it's absolutely hilarious. Edge's crusty is unbelieveable! I love it!

True, Johnny Swallow's pig fetish is probably more indecent due to the filth of pigs, but the fact that he is from Arkansas, where pigs are sacred, allows him a bit of a cultural excuse.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by blood red edge:
In the It's Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) video, I think during the second (maybe the first) chorus (they're singing deck the halls, but it's not like Christmas at all) Bono goes over to edge and shares a mic. Edge gives him the hugest crusty, bono walks away laughing, and it's absolutely hilarious. Edge's crusty is unbelieveable! I love it!

What's a crusty?

------------------
~*Mona*~
"It's not why you're running.
It's where you're going.
It's not what you're dreaming
But what you're gonna do.
It's not where you're born.
It's where you belong.
It's not how weak
But what will make you strong."

Originally posted by U2Bama:
True, Johnny Swallow's pig fetish is probably more indecent due to the filth of pigs, but the fact that he is from Arkansas, where pigs are sacred, allows him a bit of a cultural excuse.

~U2Alabama

And here I was thinking that goats were sacred in the state who's motto is "Live Free Or Die"
rolleyes.gif

Nah in the vid for I Will Follow when the the camera zooms in on Bono's face...

That is the funniest face ever!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by WildHonee:
What's a crusty?

Ok, from a non-English speaker: what IS a crusty?
I mean, if it was in the video, it can't be anything that's bad, right?

------------------
"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things no one else can do. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 11-02-2001).]

And here I was thinking that goats were sacred in the state who's motto is "Live Free Or Die"

That's New Hampshire's motto, right? So, what's your point? Goats are sacred to you in NH, thus your fetish; and pigs are sacred to Johnny Swallow in AR, thus his fetish.

when I think of "fetish" and farm animals in the same sentance, the word "sacred" doesn't come to mind there Bama....I mean, what about you guys...what is it, the wart-hog, the bison....what is the Bama mascot anyway (seriously)?

And really, the New Hampshire mascot is the Moose more likely....or the UNH Wildcat....come to think of it....I have no idea, but you don't see too many goats around here.......

Bama, I realize that spelling may not be a high priority down in Alabama, but it's Popkid not "poop"kid. Watch your o's there buddy!

Another query for you: How does one get an Elephant from "Crimson Tide". I've always wondered about that nickname...I've heard it used in not-so-nice ways. What exactly is the Crimson Tide? Is it like Darthmouth's Big Green?

Sorry about the typo, poopookid!

It has nothing to do with Dartmouth or Tulane's "Green Waves" (which sound like algae-infested waters to me). Here's some background:The name "Crimson Tide" is supposed to have first been used by Hugh Roberts, former sports editor of the Birmingham Age-Herald. He used "Crimson Tide" in describing an Alabama-Auburn game played in Birmingham in 1907, the last football contest between the two schools until 1948 when the series was resumed. The game was played in a sea of mud and Auburn was a heavy favorite to win.
But, evidently, the "Thin Red Line" played a great game in the red mud and held Auburn to a 6-6 tie, thus gaining the name "Crimson Tide." Zipp Newman, former sports editor of the Birmingham News, probably popularized the name more than any other writer.

Then, in the 1930 Ole Miss game, the following events transpired:

At the end of the quarter, the earth started to tremble, there was a distant rumble that continued to grow. Some excited fan in the stands bellowed, 'Hold your horses, the elephants are coming,' and out stamped this Alabama varsity.
We beat the Rebels that day, and went on to finish the season 10-0, scoring 217 points on our opponents and allowing only 13 scored against us. The season ended with a 24-0 Rose Bowl victory over Washington State.

~U2Alabama (thanks, rolltide.com)

*sigh*

I might as well change my name....it would make it all so much easier
wink.gif

It's always an intellectually stimulating trip having you in a thread. Now at parties I can say "Did you know how the Crimson Tide got it's name?" and be able to relate the story.

Unfortunately, no one on the east coast cares about the Crimson Tide, or college football that much...it's all about the hockey!

[BUnfortunately, no one on the east coast cares about the Crimson Tide, or college football that much...it's all about the hockey![/B]

Right, because we usually kick ass when we play "east coast" teams. And we don't ice skate down here either.

And really, the New Hampshire mascot is the Moose more likely....or the UNH Wildcat....come to think of it....I have no idea, but you don't see too many goats around here.......

GO UNH! New Hampshire...where the men are men and the sheep are afraid. NH native here!

------------------
Alright Edge, Play the blues...

Back
Top Bottom