The Frames......Ireland's 2nd best band.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lazyboy

War Child
Well, they are. I'd say that on live performance alone. But I've been listening to their album, 2nd album I think, For The Birds. It's lovely, beautiful, sweet, soft music.

Saw 'em live at a gig in a lecture theatre in my Uni, University Limerick, last year, and they blew me away. The intimacy, it was just a reeeeaally reallly great gig. They were playing to like 500 Uni students, most drunk, and they sat us down, calmed us all, chilled us out, and at the end everyone got up and gave 'em many standing ovations, they were just lovely. My sis had the album but I didn't really give it a listen, even after that. It pales in comparison to their live ability, but it is still amazing itself.

They got Best Album2001 in Hot Press, and missed out on Best Live Act to U2. This is amazing for such a small band, and they have toured the US, but I don't think they are well known outside Ireland. They are class, do yourself a favour and at least download a few songs of theirs, their album sucks out your soul and spits it back in your face in the form of tears. Or freezes your heart and melts it again, hehe, yeah, maybe slight exaggerations
wink.gif
only slight though!, but they are brilliant
smile.gif

Just trying to spread the word

Originally posted by lazyboy:
Well, they are. I'd say that on live performance alone. But I've been listening to their album, 2nd album I think, For The Birds. It's lovely, beautiful, sweet, soft music.

Love them! Actually I like Another Love Song and Fitzcarraldo better than For the Birds, but I'd still love to see them if they ever hit Boston. I make a point to pick up whatever their latest CD is when I'm in Dublin.

Amy

Haven't heard the Frames yet, but check out Snow Patrol. They're from Northern Ireland and the album is called "When it's All Over, We Still Have to Clear Up". It's one of those albums where it starts good, but the really, really beautiful stuff is buried on the second half. They sound like a combination of Belle and Sebastian and American indie rockers Sebadoh. Lovelorn vocals and hints of melodrama surrounded by gorgeous, understated melodies. Good stuff with potential for better things to come.

Back
Top Bottom