The folks at NME have heard the WHOLE CD!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ZigZag said:
I hate to hear "Crumbs" described as a b-side. Perhaps the "Wild Hunny" of Bomb?

There is nothing wrong with Wild Honey. It is a fun, almost Beatlesque song, unlike everything else U2 has done.

Also, I wouldn't be concerned with NME's opinion of Crumbs.

maxpouliot said:
5. City of Blinding Lights :Slow

Uh, what? That was described as the second big stadium moment like Vertigo, so I think it's going to be a bit faster than 'slow'.

Ooh, yes...Man & A Woman is going to be rocker or 'heavy', because it will like Miracle Drug be related to Vertigo...

so vertigo begets miracle drug begets allbecause of you? begets man and a woman?

This is feeling so at the edge of the abyss to me I love it!

It's not all going to rock...I'd believe the bono quotes about how the first one vertigo is the only one of its kind on the LP..

it all seems so awesome, in the old unhackneyed pure sense of the word not how it currently describes tasty bubblegum (don't mean to rag on discotheque; loved that!)
Like a little boy in the face of his father, or a man before yahweh or a man before a-man&-a-woman/life, or a man before society's crumby table, or a man before his progeny...
Or a man in his fast car..
I feel like they'll need to tour with a very womanly opener for balance..
and the city lights will indeed be blinding because it will be all son/sun-ny...
they tossed around solaris for this LP yes?

I am so fucking pumped for this to get here!!!!

cheers all!

Some cool things from this break down:
-Yup I can't believe "A Man and Woman" is a rocker, very interesting. Cant wait to hear it now.
-The comparison to nine inch nails is awful for "L&P or else," we heard basically the whole song and ya, the leak is awful, but it sounds like blues rock to me, not industrial.
-SYCMIOYO is the "first ballad" but it has drums reminiscent of "Streets"? I'm thinking it starts off as a ballad and culminates at the end, the article awhile back said it led into a "Skyscraping rocker". I dont think the band would do a total 180 and turn the song into a ballad.
-Is "City of Blinding Lights" a rocker? It would seem so, big stadium moment? But then its compared to an update WOWY. ???
-When I heard "One Step" would make Eno proud, it got me excited. Cant wait to hear it.
- It doesnt describe Yahweh very much. We know its not an instrumental, but I wonder if its a ballad?
-Whos in on starting a petition to put "Fast Cars" on the album worldwide? If its as awesome as NME says, why would they leave it off? Its not like theres already 15 tracks on the CD

VERY good things for a generally anti-u2 magazine. But I want to more now!!! The descriptions are cool but I dont know how dead on they are. I refuse to believe "Crumbs" is like a B-Side.

Does anyone have some songs from this new album here ?? :confused:

I got "Pop" 2 months before official release, also I got Radiohead´s "Hail To The Thief" 3 months before official release :yes:, but now, nobody seems to have the album yet :scratch:

Listening to Miracle Drug, I can't help to feel this is going to feel like "One" to me. Just the 1:07 clip we have gives me the chills especially when bono says;

A miracle....
A Miracle Drug..

His voice is very haunting and it makes me feel moved by what he's saying. After the lyric The Edge comes in with a slide guitar. Reminds me of One mixed with the Unforgettable Fire. Haunting and beautiful.

So I'm sure the album will encompass all types of feelings regardless of what NME says.

ponkine said:
I got "Pop" 2 months before official release, also I got Radiohead´s "Hail To The Thief" 3 months before official release

I got the new Manic Street Preachers album (Lifeblood) last week and it's not due for release til November either.

I'm sure HTDAAB will turn up somewhere soon.

MD sounds really nice, well except for the damn spaniards. :madspit:

I can't wait any longer. November is so, so, so faraway. I can die before that you know? :wink: And I would hate to die before listening the LP. :ohmy:

i don't see a description for "Full Metal Jacket". i know that title isn't used, but there is no telling of a "mother of all rock songs". WTF mate ^^ ?

Back
Top Bottom