The Fly vs Untill the End of the World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

So which song do you like better?

• The Fly

Votes: 85 54.1%
  • Until the End of the World

Votes: 72 45.9%

• Total voters
fly fly fly!! the song is sexy, sensual, poetic, and teaches life lessons, all in one. :love: bono's lyrics and edge's awesome solo!!

The Fly, although until recently I would have said Until the End of the World. But I've fallen in love all over again with The Fly. Everything about it kicks ass, from the video to the solo to the soaring falsetto, to the snarly opening notes. What a great song. :rockon:

Both U2's essential guitar songs...
but The Fly wins for me. It is my favorite U2 song so...

Didn't have to think twice about this one THE FLY wins hands down!!! I remember when, back in the autumn of 1991, I first saw the video, my jaw just dropped, I couldn't believe my eyes or ears! Plus Bono just looks sooo HOT!!:drool:

The fly - no question.

UTTEOTW was a song I grew to Love.

The Fly was awesome from the second I heard it.

Hmmm... looks like I declared a winner to soon. UTTEOTW has made up ground in the last ten minutes. Make sure to respond when you guys cast your vote(keeps the thread relevant). That way people who haven't seen the thread yet will have a better chance of seeing it and obviously voteing. Cheers!!

Serioulsy what's the deal. Obviously some people ahven't seen the poll yet so why not respond when you vote? UTEOTW has made up 6 votes in the last hour or so. I'm only interested cause it's so close, so respond people. It's intersting to hear why you voted one way or the other. Give others who haven't seen the thread a chance to vote.

The Fly. Heard it on the 'Best of 1990-2000' and it totally changed the way i viewed U2. it persuaded me to go and explore U2 more and for that i thank it.

And it f*cking rocks! :rockon:

tough choice.
no wonder it's such a tight race.
i'm sure a lot of the voters could go either way depending on how the wind is blowing.
today it's blowing in a sinful, glam-metal sort of way. so it's the fly.:drool:

In my dream I was drowning the sorrows
But my sorrows, they learned to swim
Surrounding me, going down on me
Spilling over the brim
Waves of regret and waves of joy
I reached out for the one I tried to destroy
You... you said you'd wait
'til the end of the world

:combust: so fucking :cool:

:bump:

I was playing both songs today on my guitar, one after the other and realised for the 100th time how awesome both guitar solos are.

The Fly wins by a whisker simply for the Boston 2001 performance. :(

Hearing the beginning of UTEOTW live and in person is a spiritual experience.
Watching it live on the Slane Castle DVD is even more amazing, they are just so into it.
The Fly is an extremely close second.

I'll have to go with UTEOTW. The Fly rocks but it's sort of dated due to its importance in establishing U2's new edgy style. UTEOTW is a song that exists in between all these rockers and ballads, hits and ready-for-arena anthems. It's a mixture of all of those and it's simply amazing. Lyrically i think it's one of Bono's most inspired works. Judas singing about Jesus. It's such an ingenious idea, and if you didn't realize it's true meaning, it would still ring true on another level.

"In waves of regret, in waves of joy...i reached out for the one i tried to destroy"...in the top 10 of greatest lines from a U2 song ever.

Oh it's so close for me as well. I heard the fly and that made me become an u2 fan. But I think UTEOTW may have taken over as number #1 song for me. The sound tack version is great to.

But the live version are the best.

Back
Top Bottom