The Fly video from Boston-AMAZING!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An incredible performance, can't wait for the DVD's though, realplayer sucks.

Yes Mariana, it?s really amazing, my fave until now, I mean, from the 3 ones they have there. I was talking with a dear friend yesterday about this video. I have always loved The Fly, I think the song had its reborn on this tour.

I can only imagine how it is in the DVD... Too bad I don?t have a DVD player, but maybe I?ll buy myself one as a Christmas present.
wink.gif

Some really awesome performances there. The Fly has just been spectacular on this tour. I remember feeling really bummed that it didn't make the cut on the PopMart tour but in retrospect it really profited from a break. I actually like the Elevation version better than the ZooTv version which is sort of amazing.
Onto another subject; What do you all think of the direction of the dvd? How does this presentation of live U2 compare to Rattle & Hum, ZooTv Live in Sydney, PopMart in Mexico City and Under a Blood Red Sky?

MP

p.s.- Anyone know if and when U2France will post more cuts from the dvd?

Mariana, thanks for your offer, you?re too kind, lets see what happen
smile.gif

Mathew, it seems that they will. They have a poll there: What would be the next track (video) u would like us to put on line from the Concert gig ?

Right now Bad has more votes, 18,8%, so it?s most likely to be the next one.

The FLY is amazing from Boston. Bono is so energized, he's going crazy. I can't wait for the DVD...or a better quality video
smile.gif
Yes...I just can't wait. FULL blast
smile.gif

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

Yup! That video kicks a whole lot of ass!! I really liked the direction, too. Whole lot of energy going on, and for people who thought the U2 show didn't have much special effects or whatever.. ha!

i desperately want a better quality video of this, as it's annoying skipping over so many frames due to realplayers horibleness. but at least it's better than nothing.

If the quality of the video were much higher Polygram might be tempted to step in and squash U2France for hosting the clips. The quality of RealPlayer is so iffy that the clips just serve as an appetizer. I for one
can't wait to get my hands on this dvd.

MAP (the u2 fan formerly known as MP)

I have to say that that version of the fly is my favorite song to DATE! Period. The beggining just gives me chills. FUCKIN' RIGHTS!

Does anyone know if it will also be released on video? We don't have a DVD player. We were at all four Bosotn shows, and can't ewait to see it. What ever happened to the HBO broadcast? Did we miss something, or hasn't it been on?

I recall hearing a few months ago that no deal could be made with HBO for a broadcast, and that U2 was looking for other networks to broadcast it. Haven't heard anything since then.

Ok, I have a question, what is that blurb about walking into a sports hall in the beginning of the clip? Is this just a little blurb he made up for this tour, or is it taken from something? I like it.

Fidhy <><

------------------
Fishy
The Bedazzled Merch-Maid and Fashion Chair of Orgasmaton
and
The Original Hot Potato of LAYS

You put on the leather pants and the pants start telling you what to do. -Bono

Bono did a little adlib at the beginning of all the performances of the The Fly.. some of them were mostly the same, others were a little different.. I think they were all Bono-originals though.

About the whole copright thing.. the show was broadcast all over various countries and will be broadcast in more soon.. so polygram would be foolish not to suspect people to tape it and distribute that.

I don't understand -- where exactly on their web site is this clip? Seem to be only two pages to the site, and I didn't see "The Fly" anywhere.

Just to add some info on the upcoming DVD, some people from my list here have already watched the DirectTV broadcast and they said it's truly amazing, although it's an expensive pay-per-view. One guy said he watched the concert 7 times yesterday. It's going to be broadcasted until October 13th.
I'm green with envy, but oh well, I don't have DirectTV.

It seems like u2france.com removed all the video clips along woth the voting of what you would like to see next.

I figured Polygram would nail them. It's too bad because it was, in effect, the best marketing campaign for a U2 video release ever.

MP

I wasn't able to download the clips....

How was "Kite"?!?

Was the second verse intact?

Bono messed it up on 6-6-01 and included it at the end.

The version from 6-5-01 was amazing!!

Someone please tell me.....I'm dyin' to know!!

They seem to have mixed in parts of both nights for kite. The second verse is perfect but he sings the solo part at the end that he sang from the second night.(he sang a different part at the end during the first night). Hope that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom