*The Flood Gates Have Opened* Official Word

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoopop

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Well what a great day it has been so far and now it seems we have official word about the new single:

"Interference.com has received the following information from Universal Canada today. The first single from the as-of-yet-titled new U2 album is to be called "Vertigo" and will be officially released on Friday, September 24th to radio. The album will be released in the United States on Tuesday, November 23rd, 2004. "

And to along with it another album title rumor:

Surely to stoke the passions of U2 fans the world over, rock journalist Per Bjurman in Swedish newspaper, Aftonbladet is reporting today that the new U2 album is to be titled "Solaris" -- a title very similar to "Solar," a title which turned out to be false after much heated debate and doctored posters provided by a Universal Records employee in South America last year. The press currently reports that the new U2 record will be titled "Vertigo" when it is released in November 2004, although no official confirmation has been provided for this title.

Below is the translation an Interference.com reader has sent in. While we have no independent confirmation on the "Solaris" title just yet, the reader sent an email inquiry to Bjurman who replied stating the title had been confirmed "by the record label." More information to come - stay tuned!

"One of the supposely best-sellers that I look especially much forward to is U2's "Solaris" in November. Since the almost tremendously succesfully Irish have enough money to keep a low releaserate their records are always big happenings and this one is rumoured to be the best one in decades. And maybe we can figure out if that is true sooner than they have planned. When The Edge lost an unmixed version of the album in Paris and the whole internet is open."

The original article from Aftonbladet is available here:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/noje/story/0,2789,519440,00.html

Last edited:
i don't give too much credit for the sweedish solaris thing.

from what we can listen in the "supposed vertigo" clip, it makes sense to have this song for the first single, so the universal canada note is probably true. and if it is true, it means that the registered web domains are to be used as titles: vertigo for the single... leaves for the album title "how to dismantle an atomic bomb" (still my favourite) or hanover quay...?

the floodgates may be open but just a drop has slipped through.

I NEED MORE!!! more info, more music, this is amazing how successful U2 has been at keeping this thing under wraps. Even despite the supposed "lost" CD incident.

Strange!

Thanks. Good Info. I definetly believe the Universal Canada statement, makes sense "Vertigo" would be the first single after hearing a part of it. The dates seem to be right also. However, I dont believe the Sweedish report, it seems a little left field to me. This is the first we've ever heard of this title, and its coming from a Sweedish newspaper. ahhh....no, buddy...

I don't like Solaris.

Prefer Vertigo.

Best though is
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

The only thing that I dont like is that Solaris was the name of a pretty big movie starring George Clooney and directed by Steven Sodherberg.

I liked the movie, but I just think they should call the album Solar.
Who cares if it leaked out over a year ago, big fucking deal.

Call it Solar.

U2DMfan wrote:
The only thing that I dont like is that Solaris was the name of a pretty big movie starring George Clooney and directed by Steven Sodherberg.
...yes, and its already the title of other albums (eg. by photec) the title SOLARIS its not inventive at all. please more originality like ACHTUNG BABY!

Am I the only ones to see what other songs are on the single? I can't wait to hear the b-sides of the single. They are so much more loose and care-free (if that makes sense).

GO VERTIGO GO!!

Back
Top Bottom