The first U2 song where you "got it"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
What single U2 track clicked for you, and sent you into that spiral of fandom. The one song which you kept listening to over and over and over when you first heard it.

For me, it's In God's Country. They never have and never will record something like that ever again.

SBS live at Red Rocks. Saw the video and it was all over.

Put me down for Red Hill Mining Town. I really liked them before I heard that, but I fell in love with their music with that song. :love:

It kinda started with A sort of Homecoming(UF version) and by the time I got into Bad live(WAIA version) it was all over, i was hooked.

Things clicked in stages for me. I grew up around U2's music, but the first song I seriously loved was Bad back when I was 11, and it was quickly followed by Pride. Bad blew my young mind; I didn't know music could be that powerful. That was when I decided I'd buy any new stuff U2 put out. So along came the Best Of 1990-2000 six years later and Gone hit me like a sack of bricks. That clicked in a big way. So I decided to start acquiring U2's back catalogue and a friend gave me the UABRS and RAH videos.

11 O'clock Tick Tock on UABRS and Bad on RAH are what really sealed the deal and made me the fan I am today.

Streets...with the rest of JT just being additional proof that I'd stumbled upon something grand.

Until the End of the World. I remember coming home from school and playing my cassette copy of Achtung Baby for the first time. The whole album completely changed the way I listen to music, but UTEOW's guitar amazed me, and the lyrics with Judas as speaker really struck me, since I was in Catholic school at the time. Judas had always been this flat, one-dimensionally evil figure in the way I'd been taught the Bible.

The first song that I heard of U2's was Last Night On Earth, I really liked it and still do, from there I bought Pop and enjoyed the album too. But it wasn't until I heard Bad on WAIA that I became a diehard fan.

In God's Country is absolutely one of my favorite U2 songs. :up:
Have you heard the remix of that one? :drool:

However I have to say With or Without you because that's the song that got me to fall in love with U2 when I first heard it on the radio. Pride is a close second.

Streets on Rattle And Hum :eek:

Never had a favorite musical group, but I liked U2's music. I only knew more of the popular singles and some of the other tracks off cassette tapes my mom had bought when she was a huge fan in the 80's. But as soon as I saw the whole clip of them walking out across a blood red backdrop and the slow build-up to those flood lights turning on and hearing everyone go crazy, I thought "OK this is my band!"

My Sister dragged me to my first U2 concert during the War Tour - I had no idea who this band was so she let me listen to all her U2 albums which at the Time was just three - man am I old!!

I would have to say the song that started it all with me when I saw them live that night was

Electric Co. :rockon: :rockon:

MullenGirl said:
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For :love:

That's the song that turned me on to U2, went out that day to buy the album(my first CD, saved up my lawn mowing money and bought a CD player and had enough for one album) bought R&H instead because it was the first one I found with that title. Fell in love with Heartland, that song made me want to be a singer, the rest is history...

ended up getting JT a week later once I mowed another yard.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom