"The First Time" of the Best Of 1990-00 is so the "All I Want is You" of the 198

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"The First Time" of the Best Of 90-00 is so the "All I Want is You" of the 80-90

...a perfect ending with a beautiful song!

It's the same with the relationship between the two openers - Pride and Even Better Than The Real Thing, both energetic and catchy.

And if The Fly really is the "secret track" I'm disapointed. Fly is a really influencial U2 song (the first 90's single and also one of the biggest parts of Zoo TV). It should be in the listed tracks.

"Wake Up Dead Man" would really be the perfect "October" of this album but alas they can't get it all right!

Last edited:
I'm guessing that's why The First Time will be on the new album, it's another All I Want Is You-esque closer. In fact, it seems like such a perfect album closer, that The Fly is probably the hidden track and the band wanted to quickly reveal it to us for a few days. Even if it's not listed, as long as The Fly is there, I'm happy.

If you listen to AIWIY and TFT, they have exactly the same chord structure. You can sing the lyrics of one song over the other song. I wonder if that is why they put it as the last track, sort of as a nod to the 80s best of.

Back
Top Bottom