the first REAL soundboard i have heard of the tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
now ALD recordings with their dull sound, and unstereoness, or earfeeds witht heir good sound, but poor balancing are pretty cool, but I still prefer excellent audience recordings over these.

However, Mark Freedman just posted a soundboard bootleg of the Cleveland show from the first leg of the elevation tour, and it sounds rather amazingly clear even on my less than great computer speakers! Good god!

It feels strange barely being able to hear the audience though, I must say.

I look forward to downloading the rest, and hearing the rest.. it is all rather slow right now, so it will be quite some time I imagine.

Check out Zoo TV - DC - totally awesome! sound (and the same lack of audience). way cool
biggrin.gif

------------------
I'll tell you a story about Johnny McGory.
Shall I being it? Well, that's all that's in it

I'm getting the Miami 3-24 soundboard sent to me. Can't wait!

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

Yeah I have the DC one! It is really cool! I'm just really pissed off they don't play Ultraviolet at that show.

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 10-21-2001).]

I have the Miami soundboard too. Forgot about that one.. there's a big echo on Bono's vocal unfortunately.

I gotta wonder, what other fine soundboard recordings are there waiting to touch the light?

skeek if your talking about dc, rockin rfk im assuming, they do play ultraviolet.

i forget the date, but i remember i have the show where they place sbs and bad in the same show - the first out of 2 times on the entire zootv tour where they did that.

------------------
-death bear

hmmm.. maybe mine isn't complete then.. it is the one with sbs and bad.. but it goes straight from desire to with or without you then love is blindness

i just checked u2tours and ultraviolet was indeed played. humph. well i have something else to track down then.

Ryan at u2mofo.com has a huge collection of bootlegs. He will hook you up!

------------------

yes skeek, you are missing it, as i believe the mirrorball mans phone call to bush is right before ultraviolet.

------------------
-death bear

Originally posted by SkeeK:
I have the Miami soundboard too. Forgot about that one.. there's a big echo on Bono's vocal unfortunately.

I gotta wonder, what other fine soundboard recordings are there waiting to touch the light?

More than anybody would possibly believe. It's amazing what kind of recordings people are getting off this tour.

Originally posted by ultraviolet_j:
More than anybody would possibly believe. It's amazing what kind of recordings people are getting off this tour.

Woooo! That's what I thought!
wink.gif

Originally posted by ultraviolet_j:

I swear, you are so hooked up.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Desperate U2 fan here. I've moved back home. With no CD's and esp no bootlegs. Now I know what I am going to ask may take the piss but could anyone burn some CD's for me please. WHat I had and now no more is ). Webley Stadium Zoo TV volumes 1 and 2. Another Zoo TV gig where Larry was singing Dirty Old Town and a soundbord copy of an Elevation gig, I can't remember which one.If anyone has these and is kind enough to burn them for me, possibly free cause I have no cash at all, could you mail me on phildcone@hotmail.com.
Thankyou all
Phil

Actually the Cleveland board is from the ALD feed running from the sound desk. So it is in mono just like the other ALD's. It is clearer because it comes directly from the Arena's sound system and did not go through the ALD device itself.

Yes, there is a better sounding soundboard from this tour out there than Cleveland.

Skeek, I thought you hated raw soundboards as they dont give you the feel of the crowd. There is little to no crowd noise on the Cleveland recording and it is in mono so I'am wondering why you think it is so great?

I don't even like posting here any more, I just jump around to threads like this one and page down until I find a post from Blue Room where he drops the irrefutable-mega-bootleg-knowledge. Enjoyable.

I don't know why I get such a kick out of this. You're just so stinkin reliable, Bloo Rume! Can we have a "Stump Blue Room" contest?

Originally posted by Blue Room:
Skeek, I thought you hated raw soundboards as they dont give you the feel of the crowd. There is little to no crowd noise on the Cleveland recording and it is in mono so I'am wondering why you think it is so great?

Blame Adrenaline. lol.

Ive got a lot of bootlegs from the current tour and I will list the ones that people should keep a look out for as having the best sound, most of the recording has been pretty shotty from this tour but there is a few to look out for and they are as follows:

Notre Dame
Turin Italy
Vancouver Canada
New Jersey
Minniapolis
Miami Night 1
Slane

If you are really picky about sound there are files called SHN files, they are on the Arnor Archive but it is best if you have a high speed connection and an account there (10 dollars for 4 months), but its more U2 then you could ever listen to.

Maybe I do like raw soundboards now and then.. and the cleveland recording ald or no ald is way way way way better than the bufallo ald or the chicago ald or the boston earfeed or even the miami soundboard, so I'm happy.

I gotta say the audience recording of Boston night 2 is probably just as good as Cleveland though. And man that version of mysterious ways kicks ass!

Skeek, I would agree that the Cleveland board is definately better than the ones you mention previously. Especially Buffalo, that is the worst soundboard recording of this tour. I think the Boston 2 earpiece is pretty good though, it gives you a different listening perspective of the show. You are not going to find clearer vocals on any recording than that ear feed. The metronome device can get irritating on some songs but it blends right in with others.

Given the choice between a clear audience recording and a soundboard, I will ALWAYS take the soundboard. But that is just my preference. Actually I like to have both!

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 10-22-2001).]

Originally posted by Spiral_Staircase:
I don't even like posting here any more, I just jump around to threads like this one and page down until I find a post from Blue Room where he drops the irrefutable-mega-bootleg-knowledge. Enjoyable.

I don't know why I get such a kick out of this. You're just so stinkin reliable, Bloo Rume! Can we have a "Stump Blue Room" contest?

That was uncalled for! I have relied on Blue Room's abundance of knowledge about bootlegs and Chicago's GA policies in the past and I thank him for that. You sound jealous to me.

------------------

Originally posted by brucie:
Ive got a lot of bootlegs from the current tour and I will list the ones that people should keep a look out for as having the best sound, most of the recording has been pretty shotty from this tour but there is a few to look out for and they are as follows:

Notre Dame
Turin Italy
Vancouver Canada
New Jersey
Minniapolis
Miami Night 1
Slane

If you are really picky about sound there are files called SHN files, they are on the Arnor Archive but it is best if you have a high speed connection and an account there (10 dollars for 4 months), but its more U2 then you could ever listen to.

Can you post the address to the Arnor Archive I don't think I would mind paying $10 for 4 months.

First of all for those wanting to connect to arnor the best way to do so is to download an FTP client, and there are many of those out there choose one of your liking but the address is as follows:

Host Address: arnor.dyndns.org
user name: arnor
password: u2fan

this is a generic account and only allows a certain number of users and the speed is low but if you pay for an account there the speed is very good his email for getting an account is on the site.

Thanks for the defense mikal but I really didnt get the feeling Spiral Staircase was cutting me down or anything. Maybe I missed something and I'am wrong and if so I dont know why my post would bring on an attack?? But I certainly didnt take it as an attack.

Originally posted by mikal:
That was uncalled for! I have relied on Blue Room's abundance of knowledge about bootlegs and Chicago's GA policies in the past and I thank him for that. You sound jealous to me.

Agrees with Blue. I dont think that was an attack. More like a compliment.

------------------
Imagine
//oo\\

http://eliv8.fws1.com/

Originally posted by Blue Room:
Thanks for the defense mikal but I really didnt get the feeling Spiral Staircase was cutting me down or anything. Maybe I missed something and I'am wrong and if so I dont know why my post would bring on an attack?? But I certainly didnt take it as an attack.

That's cool. I may have misread it. But if anyone is to be attacked on this forum, it definitely should not be you!

I always enjoy your posts Blue Room. You kick ass!

------------------

Back
Top Bottom