The Final Verdict: Joshua Tree vs. Acthung Baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE.

Forget the rest.

The Scientist said:
though i like the AB tour a LOT more.

It would have been amazing if U2 had only ever made AB and JT. Sadly, they had not, and I like ZooTV less for that. The best part of U2 died when they walked off the Lovetown stage for the last time on 10 January 1990.

Axver said:

It would have been amazing if U2 had only ever made AB and JT. Sadly, they had not, and I like ZooTV less for that. The best part of U2 died when they walked off the Lovetown stage for the last time on 10 January 1990.

True, JT-Lovetown was U2 at their awesome best. But I still think AB is one hell of a record.

Michael Griffiths said:
The Joshua Tree

Sorry, but I can't resist..........

It's really very simple: The only song on Achtung Baby that even equals the 4 best songs on The Joshua Tree is 'One'. That small but often forgotten fact is too much for the rest of AB to overcome.

Please forgive me.

Just the reverse for me. The only song on The Joshua Tree that even comes close to the best songs on Achtung Baby is "One Tree Hill". And while the first 3 songs on JT are very strong, I find AB infinitely more creative and powerful.

So it's AB for me.

AB
Containes most of my favorites though
dislike "Who's gonna ride.." and "Trying to throw..."
(JT is on the other hand a more complete record...:eyebrow: )

Joy to all

Last edited:
Okay I'll keep it short and sweet:

Achtung Baby. Because there's a certain magic to it as an album that's I don't feel as strongly on JT (okay that's more then two words I admit!)

JTH

AB, but it's close.

As has been said, U2 were at their peak during JT/Lovetown and that tour was unbelievable.

ZooTV in it's own dark, twisted way was just as unbelievable.

Album-wise though, it's AB, but I like darker music.

Joshua Tree. :yes: What Michael Griffiths said.

While AB may have the better flow as an album, JT has better songs - only One can compare itself to U2's 80's most known songs.

The Joshua Tree is a bit boring... it dies half way through, Achtung aches and rings with far more class

Back
Top Bottom