The "EXIT" Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prisz25

War Child
Since I haven't seen too many Appreciation threads lately I have decided to pay respects to one of my favorite songs(don't know if someone already did this).....

EXIT!!!!

This song is so powerful! I can't get enough of it....Rattle and Hum :drool: with Gloria snippet it is so amazing!!!! I would LOVE to see this song come back!

"the hands of love":drool:

Appreciate away!!!!

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I remember the first time ever listening to Exit. It scared me. It was just so creepy and intense.
I :heart: Exit

'Intense' is definitely the right word to describe it. One of U2's best hidden gems :up:

Excellent track :drool:

But they should be writing that stuff now!!!

Haunting...menacing...I looooove it!

Exit is incredible. One of their best songs easily. Especially live :drool: it's amazing what wonders that three-note bassline does...

Aardvark747 said:
Annoys me havin to turn the volume up so high to hear it on the album...but when Larry goes beserk at the end, I don't care HOW loud it is!:rockon:

The end is the best part. :drool:

He went deeper into black
Deeper into white
He could see the stars shining
Like nails in the night
He felt the healing
Healing, healing
Healing hands of love
Like the stars shining from above

My favourite lines of this song... Still send me shivers every time I listen to it!

Aardvark747 said:
Annoys me havin to turn the volume up so high to hear it on the album...but when Larry goes beserk at the end, I don't care HOW loud it is!:rockon:

That's very true :rockon:

And i LOVE how the song starts "Ohhhhh greaaaiiiiiit, oceannnnn. oooooo greaaat seeeeea"

:wink:

But seriously. Exit=Outstanding! and i liXes it alot! :drool: It should be recommended listening for anyone who wants to get into U2, they NEED to hear its awesomeness. :love:

such a brilliant song :drool:

Larrys drumming :combust:

the studio track is pretty irritating (volume wise I mean), but the live version makes up for it :yes:

His hand in his pocket, his finger on the steel
The pistol weighing heavy, his heart he couldn't feel

...genius. Seriously.

Thanks for the clip! Excellent to hear it live as I'd not ever heard it live before. I am really growing to love this song. And I also love the all girl band Exit. I understand why they chose to name themselves after this song. Very strong!

tuwie said:
thanks for hte live track, JMScoopy! do you know when/where it was from?

It's from the mountains and deserts bootleg. i believe it was in denver the night before or after rattle & hum was filmed.

The live version is one of my favorite songs ever! So dark and angry, it's almost disturbing. The bassline is fantastic and simple. It makes the song.

It's quiet in the beginning in order to built up an atmosphere before the music explodes:drool:

I generally like to turn up the volume at the end of a song.

Back
Top Bottom