The "EXIT" Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tinwal said:
So dark and angry, it's almost disturbing. The bassline is fantastic and simple. It makes the song.

:yes: :yes: :yes: The bass is perfect! It makes me shiver... And the whole song with B's voice is so tense, I just can't resist it. Whenever I listen to that song, I get absorbed in it totally. Brilliant!

Exit is ridiculous.:drool:

I understand mixing it low in the beginning to make the end that much more powerful, but I mean really, come on....it's so low that you almost miss the first verse.:rant:

This song is just so amazing live:drool:
Yea the studio version is such a pain!!!! When I first listened to it I wasn't sure if it was really a song i thought it might have been mumbling but at the end.....:drool:

Numb1075 said:
Exit is ridiculous.:drool:

I understand mixing it low in the beginning to make the end that much more powerful, but I mean really, come on....it's so low that you almost miss the first verse.:rant:

That was a problem with the crappy general release CD. If you get the Gold Disk Original Masters Recording, you will hear a much better balance of high and low volume. ALL of the songs on that disk sound way better, but especially Exit.

biff said:

That was a problem with the crappy general release CD. If you get the Gold Disk Original Masters Recording, you will hear a much better balance of high and low volume. ALL of the songs on that disk sound way better, but especially Exit.

Thanks for the info....but you would think that someone who gets paid big bux in the studio would say "Wait, the mix is too low. Let's fix it"

Numb1075 said:

Thanks for the info....but you would think that someone who gets paid big bux in the studio would say "Wait, the mix is too low. Let's fix it"

Yeah, you'd think so. But then, you'd also expect them to know when one song ends and when another one starts.:wink:
Losers.

for all of their success, they certainly have a lot of minor flubs....this one, being one of the more obvious ones.....

So, Exit comes on your stereo and you can't hear it, so you crank it to "11", and you realize you missed 45 seconds of the song, then U2 goes crazy, especially larry, and you are deaf from the decible level.:huh:

Genius. Simply Genius! :drool:

I agree with all the positive points made so far! :drool:

This song is one of the main reasons I still sometimes find it hard to choose between AB and JT, even though AB is really closer to my heart.

it's unanimous!!!

one of their best live songs, simply incredible. too bad the volume level on the album sucked, but it's better live anyway.

one of my favorite u2 songs

I love it lots but playing it at 3am when you're really feeling a bit rough and it's bad weather outside can creep you out!

We need to bump this thread up a bit and give "Exit" some more love......

His hand in his pocket
His finger on the steel
The pistol weighed heavy
In his heart he could feel
It was beating, beating
:drool: :drool:

I've recently switched from the JT camp to the AB one... (after many years of stubborn belief that JT is the pinnacle of music) but Exit will always have a special place in my heart. I'm a sucker for dark, heavy songs and this one takes the cake.

And live. Oh lord, why did they have to drop it after JT? :sad: It would have kicked so much ass if they'd done it LoveTown. HEALING, HEALING, HEALING HANDS OF LOVE...

:combust:

Back
Top Bottom