The Edge's Least Rock Moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is not necessarily saying that he didn't rock on the Pop album, but I didn't feel the whole gay disco Edge thing. Definitely didn't rock.

yimou said:
It has to be the photo i saw recently with The Edge and Bono holding some lambs. Nothing rock n´roll about that.

Have you seen the picture where the lamb Edge is holding tries to run away? That lamb rocked. :wink:

saxgoddess said:
This is not necessarily saying that he didn't rock on the Pop album, but I didn't feel the whole gay disco Edge thing. Definitely didn't rock.

I LOVE Pop, but dancing as one of the Village People at the end of "Discoteque" is the least rock moment ever for Mr. The Edge.

inmyplace13 said:
October! One Step Closer! Grace! Running To Stand Still!

Don't get me wrong, I like all four of those songs (especially RTSS), but they aren't too rockin by the Edgicle

The suckfest known as Passengers

Red Hill Town. Edge must've showed up late for this tune's recording. He just lays down some very predictable reverb'ey guitar splashes throughout the song, just to say "Yeah, I was part of that great song".

saxgoddess said:
... the whole gay disco Edge thing. Definitely didn't rock.

:laugh: That is too funny. I am still scarred from the Discotheque video. My boyhood guitar hero on the screen flaming away and needing a back wax... My favorite band lost me for a few years on that video, and I still want to take the Edge behind the woodshed for that stunt.

To me, Van Diemen's Land is his anti-rock moment. They give him the spotlight, and he goes all Joan Baez on us. Even the vocals are a low for him. Where are those vocal cords that are belting out the bkg vocals in New Years Day while hammering out chords? Sounds like an old man, and he's in his mid 20's. Not to mention the guitar playing... rather impotent by the Edge standards. :reject:
Still, I like the song somewhat, just don't pull it out as an encore at my next show.

I am fascinated by the whole karaoke Edge concept. Did he really put the lyrics on the screen with the bouncing ball and cheesy back-up music? Or was there a band behind him?

If they did do this it's the coolest thing U2 have ever done. I bet the guys were in the back rolling on the floor laughing.

So can someone please explain how they did that whole karaoke Edge thing? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom