The Edge and his vocals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:yes:

I like songs like Seconds and Wild honey and Don't take your guns to town or several live songs because their voices really blend together well.

I love love love Edge's voice :hyper: Could that be because I love Edge so much :hmm:
But, when Edge and Bono were younger, I couldn't tell the difference in their voices for the longest time :mad: But now I can :D Edge I think has a little bit more, how should I put it, winy voice...

GibsonGirl said:

:reject:

I can't help it. :wink: U2 affect me in emotional ways that no other band ever could! I'm not ashamed to say that I DO cry whenever I watch the intro to "Streets" on Rattle & Hum... When the lights turn on and illuminate the crowd, it's just too much for me!

That's the thing about U2 that separates them from every other band I've ever liked. They are the only band that gets me emotional and gets me crying. Every concert I've ever been to I've cried.... even when I hear certain songs I cry. You are definately not alone. They just have a special magic to them. :heart:

dsmith2904 said:

You shouldn't have to defend yourself here. The reason why U2 is U2 and has lasted as long as it has is because of the impact the music has on people. It's not just music to listen to in the car, it's not dinner party music (as Bono once said), this is music that people play during the most important moments of their lives, good and bad, this is music that people teach their small children. U2 is like The Beatles and so many other monumental bands in that way, so often when we talk about the music, there's a deep emotion that goes along with it, it's never, "Yeah, I like that okay." Don't ever feel embarassed to have that sort of connection to a U2 song, I feel like it's only natural with a band like this.

So very, very true. They're there to raise my spirits even higher when things are going well, and they're there to provide comfort and hope when things are rough. Not many bands are capable of this... And I feel absolutely humbled that their music forms a part of my life.

(BTW, do you remember me from Zootopia? :D)

GibsonGirl said:

So very, very true. They're there to raise my spirits even higher when things are going well, and they're there to provide comfort and hope when things are rough. Not many bands are capable of this... And I feel absolutely humbled that their music forms a part of my life.

(BTW, do you remember me from Zootopia? :D)

Of course I do, all us Edgers need to keep track of one another ;)

since Dalkey Beach and The Edge have the same picture, maybe they are the same person: the guitarist in u2.

JOFO said:
since Dalkey Beach and The Edge have the same picture, maybe they are the same person: the guitarist in u2.

yep, exactly what i said two or three days ago and was proven to be correct :wink:

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say that there's no way that Edge and Dalkey were the same posters. Dalkey may have been a feller for Edge. Sort of setting the groundwork and seeing if it was safe for him to start posting here. And to think, Dalkey was almost run out town when he first started posting.

Dalkey Beach said:
I have a strong feeling that Edge may provide alot of vocal harmony on the new LP. Who is in favour of that?:up: :down:

I missed this thread......and to answer your question:

Edge providing alot of vocal harmony on the new LP is a very good thing! :up: :up: :up:

HEY! Alot is 2 words Dalkey! A LOT! And if you are Edge(propably not)... seeming Edge did the same thing... it's ok... but it's 2 words! It took me forever to figure that dang stupid word out... only learned it was 2 words last year :D
Peace and Love

How do we know that Dalkey is the Edge? Is this certain or merely speculative? Dalkey, if you are the Edge, I think we all agree that we would love to hear maximum vocal harmony on the forthcoming album.

Miracle Drug/Xanax

I'm hoping for a quality clip of this song soon - I know I'm getting a really good quality clip on November 23 - but it is the track that I'm most excited about past Vertigo. It has this ethereal quality to it - hard to explain given the crappy quality of the clip but I feel that this song is going to be amazing in a WOWY way.

boosterjuice said:
How do we know that Dalkey is the Edge? Is this certain or merely speculative? Dalkey, if you are the Edge, I think we all agree that we would love to hear maximum vocal harmony on the forthcoming album.

And even if Dalkey isn't the Edge we would love to hear maximum vocal harmony on the forthcoming album, right? :D

nurse chrissi said:

(Miracle Drug)
I'm hoping for a quality clip of this song soon - I know I'm getting a really good quality clip on November 23 - but it is the track that I'm most excited about past Vertigo. It has this ethereal quality to it - hard to explain given the crappy quality of the clip but I feel that this song is going to be amazing in a WOWY way.

Could not agree more. This one sounds VERY special, and as you say, has that WOWY vibe.

This band does things at a whole different level huh?

Now how long do we have to wait? :help: Have cash. Want to Buy Album :rant:

starsgoblue said:
Now I'm kinda embarassed about what I said earlier about U2's impact on me... :huh:

Don't be embarrassed. :) You're not the only one to be impacted greatly by them. Honesty is a good thing! :hug:

Renne said:

Don't be embarrassed. :) You're not the only one to be impacted greatly by them. Honesty is a good thing! :hug:

I know...I just would think it would be an unusual amount of uncomfortable pressure on someone to say thier music led one to God....I don't want to seem wierd. But something about watching Until The End of The World played out and hearing thousands singing 'hallelujah' and everything Bono said...oh crap I'm tearing up.

And the thing is I know that they are wary of being given a label of any particular relgiousity....I can completley identify with that myself because that it what largely kept me from being a believer for the longest time. Then they kinda made me realize it wasn't an all or nothing thing. I don't know if this is making any sense....basically I'm trying to say God doesn't just exist within the four walls of a church, His touch and love pervades beyond that. It just seemed like thier music/lyrics were a polemic against those notions and at the same time were more deeply spiritual than any hymn I had ever heard. I dunno, at that show (after having been a fan for years) it was like my heart just exploded with light. There's just so many layers of my appreciation for thier talents and I guess that's my deepest and most intimate connection to the pulse of U2's influence.

(now I'm really embarassed! :silent: )

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
Dalkey IS The Edge...otherwise it would be wierd that they both used the lemon in thier post headings. :eyebrow:

Now I'm kinda embarassed about what I said earlier about U2's impact on me... :huh:
Yea, I've been pickin out little things that are the same... yeap :yes: "alot" I mean a lot of people make that mistake... but... then there's the things you've all discovered too... mmhhmm. No offence to Edge's spelling :D :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom