The Destruction of Hanover Quay=New U2 Album and New Songs For Best of 1991-00?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spanisheyes

Forum Moderator, The Goal Is Soul
Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, and Berlin
In reading several emails from U2 fans who have been visiting Dublin lately, or have had chance encounters with Bono from the back of his Mercedes
wink.gif
, they have all spoken of hearing, or of Bono telling of new music coming from where U2 is recording.

It appears now that the destruction of Hanover Quay soon has prompted U2 to record as much of the new album and new songs for the new Best of recording...maybe good will come out of what appeared to be a tragic loss for the band and its fans. It could be a possible reason for U2 not to tour Europe as well, but finish as much recording at Hanover Quay...Just dreaming out loud. Whatcha think?

Chris

In the Rolling Stone interview Adam said the band would be working in the studio until June so maybe the studio is going to be demolished or refurbished later this summer or fall.

The area around the studio is all gone by now, just a few buildings down the road and the studio itself are still there. In a couple of months it's all over baby.

quite a shame IMO, as the quays are a very nice place to go for a walk
wink.gif
hey I mean it!!!

thanks for the compliment Chris! I like your theory on not touring europe this summer, I kinda agree, IMO they have a lot to sort out around here before touring again and well we all know the boys deserve a little break! I hope the album/best of comes out soon.

love,
Rosa

I think we will definetely see the Best of... around October/November, and the new album in 2003 around May/June. With a tour presumedly to follow, I think again we could see U2 go back to what history would say, and that would be U2 starting their tour in Europe and then the U.S. seeing the second leg of the tour as opposed to the Elevation tour, and hopefully the third leg will see U2 going out to the rest of the world like South America, Australia, and elsewhere where they have toured in the past, and then possibly the U.S. again for the fourth leg.

A few key things play into U2 touring from this point on, and that will be family and their ages, so it will be interesting to see what the future holds...and again, thanks Rosa for you know what.
wink.gif

Chris

I have been thinking of this Hanover Quay demolition stuff, and the new recording sessions that have taken place there...I have a feeling that, once they realised the demolition was inevitable, they decided to take advantage of the creative atmosphere they certainly have found there thoughout all these years. It seems to me that they felt they should capture the magic while it?s in the air...so that the once planned summer tour was postponed...

Am I making any sense here? Sorry, can?t find the right words to explain my point. I?m giving up.

And Rosa...obrigada pelo maravilhoso presente amiga!
smile.gif

That?s okay Chris. I thought I could express myself better, that?s all. I would love to visit their studio, who wouldn?t? So many great music has been created there...
And don?t forget, that word ends with "o" in your case, it has to match with your genre, LOL. Just pulling your leg again.
wink.gif

Hey! Just checked my mail box. Great! Great! and Great!
biggrin.gif

Obrigada amigo
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 04-25-2002).]

I think U2 are probably doign a lot of screwdriver work right now. Trying to make the move from that studio as smooth as possible. And I'm sure with the amount of equipment in that place that's no easy.

It's a real shame, cos that studio looked sweet!

Hey Popfly, that sounds like you may have something there, but I don't know if U2 would do something like that, they may get thrashed by the critics for being too much like the Beatles in naming their album after their recording studio, but I still like it.

Chris

'The Destruction of Hanover Quay' sounds like a cool name for an album, IMO.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Back
Top Bottom